People who can't park their fingers up their hole's thread..

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
There is an A4 parked behind that lol.

8E71DADB-C5AB-4CFC-918C-CE5060EAEB42.jpeg

Reactions: Gus

Bryan

RMS Regular
Don't you just love neighbours...

upload_2019-2-18_11-12-27.png

I don't know why they insist on parking there when they have a perfectly good driveway or kerb outside their house that isn't in anyone's way. As you can see I've parked the Tiguan there when there hasn't been a car where the Kia is so when it comes to reversing back out the front left of the car gets dangerously close to the fence in order to get out following the green lines. Without a car in that space there is enough room to go full lock on the Tiguan and reverse towards the gate then drive straight out without having to use someone else's driveway. They've been asked not to park there by my wife but it appears they now do it on purpose just to be annoying.

Attachments

• upload_2019-2-18_11-12-12.png
    upload_2019-2-18_11-12-12.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 172

Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
Bus

View attachment 225621

I don't know why they insist on parking there when they have a perfectly good driveway or kerb outside their house that isn't in anyone's way. As you can see I've parked the Tiguan there when there hasn't been a car where the Kia is so when it comes to reversing back out the front left of the car gets dangerously close to the fence in order to get out following the green lines. Without a car in that space there is enough room to go full lock on the Tiguan and reverse towards the gate then drive straight out without having to use someone else's driveway. They've been asked not to park there by my wife but it appears they now do it on purpose just to be annoying.

I would just reverse in so its easy to get out. Or, park where the Kia is when its away, just for badness, as they have been asked not to park there already.

Last edited:

Bryan

RMS Regular
I would just reverse in so its easy to get out. Or, park where the Kia is when its away, just for badness, as they have been ask not to park there already.

I have done that if the car is parked there when I arrive back home however in order to do that I have to use someone else's driveway to get turned around which I don't like doing. Plus I have a car transporter trailer in the driveway which you can just about see the corner of so I have to reverse this into the driveway as well if they're parked like that - that can be fun.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
What’s the issue with reversing as per your green arrow? If they’re making it difficult for you by parking where they are, just reverse and turn in their drive.

Usually things like this would infuriate me too, it in this case I can’t see it being that annoying personally, unless I’ve missed something?

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
What’s the issue with reversing as per your green arrow? If they’re making it difficult for you by parking where they are, just reverse and turn in their drive.

Usually things like this would infuriate me too, it in this case I can’t see it being that annoying personally, unless I’ve missed something?
Because you'd tear the front passenger out of the Tiguan because of the fence trying to do a 10 point manoeuvre to get out.

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
1. Keep going forward untill you hear the crunch of your front bumper
2. Get out and examine
3. Walk away proud of your successful attempt at parking

There are too many people out there who simply just don't give a f***, even if you wernt into cars surely you'd have been abit annoyed at that.

20190221_115248.jpg

Cookie Munster

RMS Regular
Drives
Mondeo / Forza
@Bryan Next time they move, put your car transporter trailer there. It will get on they're nerves quicker as it is less likely to moved for use and would also give you more drive space

davyk31

RMS Regular

View attachment 225621

Are there any covenants in the leasehold or terms of use for the housing development. A lot of them do not permit parking on the road and communal areas exactly for this reason.

brendy

RMS Regular

View attachment 225621

Annoying but easy to get out. Reverse 6 feet, go forward tighter to your car then reverse out easily as you've given yourself more swing room.