People who can't park their fingers up their hole's thread..

purplea4T

RMS Regular
This complete **** sausage this morning on the school run
IMG_20190913_085419.jpg

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
on a related note....
without saying where or when I was parked in a public car park lately where a newish looking discovery was parked in such a way over the line, that it was impossible for me to shoe horn myself into the only vacant spot next to it without having to hit my door off it trying to climb out. had my keys in my hand as I was rubbing past as my other arm was full of stuff as I squeezed past...
thought no more of it till I came back..... eek what a mess.
purely accidentally (really) the keys must have touched the car.
are land rovers renowned for having paint like putty? cos I def didn't notice much contact but to see the scrape you'd think it had been scored with a screwdriver!
harsh lesson inadvertently learned for the owner who thought 1 & a half spaces is ok in a fully bunged car park I guess.
but how easily the paint marked was mad.
cheap paint or is that normal for land-rover?
So because someone parked poorly that makes it ok to damage their vehicle?

bill

Banned
If i Fooked someones car i would leave a note or wait and hope he is not a baseball owner drug dealer.
I cant see damage being done unless it was pushed heavy maybe already there.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
which bit of "accidentally" are you having trouble understanding chum?
you & your high horse can do 1 🤐
Nothing to do with a high horse. You admitted yourself that you "shoe horned" yourself into a space that you had to hit your door of someone's car to get out because it was too tight, you then scratched their car, whether it be accidental or not. How would you feel if it was your car?

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Nothing to do with a high horse. You admitted yourself that you "shoe horned" yourself into a space that you had to hit your door of someone's car to get out because it was too tight, you then scratched their car, whether it be accidental or not. How would you feel if it was your car?

I don't condone touching doors against paint, but I imagine he wouldn't be parking his car in a manner which would require the person who parks next to him to squeeze out of their own car whilst deeply inhaling trying to get free.

I park in an end space for this reason, I get as far from the space next to me to provide as much distance as possible, hoping no one else can be bothered to park in the farthest away spots 😂

Or if single spaces are available they're the winners!

scub

Banned
car park I was at was 1 out 1 in at this stage so I had literally nowhere else to go.
& it was unavoidable to touch doors unless I was planning to get out the sun roof.
& as said I certainly didn't mark the car on purpose.
so entirely their own fault imo.
& if i'dve parked like that it would have been entirely my fault.

WSM

RMS Regular
Drives
R8
car park I was at was 1 out 1 in at this stage so I had literally nowhere else to go.
& it was unavoidable to touch doors unless I was planning to get out the sun roof.
& as said I certainly didn't mark the car on purpose.
so entirely their own fault imo.
& if i'dve parked like that it would have been entirely my fault.
But you left your details and let them know you damaged their car, right? You do plan to fix/repair their car since you've admitting damaging it, right?

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
on a related note....
without saying where or when I was parked in a public car park lately where a newish looking discovery was parked in such a way over the line, that it was impossible for me to shoe horn myself into the only vacant spot next to it without having to hit my door off it trying to climb out. had my keys in my hand as I was rubbing past as my other arm was full of stuff as I squeezed past...
thought no more of it till I came back..... eek what a mess.
purely accidentally (really) the keys must have touched the car.
are land rovers renowned for having paint like putty? cos I def didn't notice much contact but to see the scrape you'd think it had been scored with a screwdriver!
harsh lesson inadvertently learned for the owner who thought 1 & a half spaces is ok in a fully bunged car park I guess.
but how easily the paint marked was mad.
cheap paint or is that normal for land-rover?
Landrovers paint is soft as f**k

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
But you left your details and let them know you damaged their car, right? You do plan to fix/repair their car since you've admitting damaging it, right?

I doubt 99% of people care enough 😂

I was sat inside my car parked years back, heard a colossal thump and check the wing mirror to see an old man with his door on the side of my car.

Got out and asked what he was playing at, he flat out denied it, so I just didn't bother. Parking dents are given on a daily driver

WSM

RMS Regular
Drives
R8
As a car "person" I'd like to think that people on platforms like RMS would at least try to uphold some sensible decision if they damaged (albeit it accidentially, I know...) someones car.

One persons "daily" can be their pride and joy the same as yours :grinning:

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
As a car "person" I'd like to think that people on platforms like RMS would at least try to uphold some sensible decision if they damaged (albeit it accidentially, I know...) someones car.

One persons "daily" can be their pride and joy the same as yours :grinning:

Absolutely I agree, but if someone's being inconsiderate and taking up a fraction of the space next to them to the point where a car can still squeeze in they forfeit any right to said compensation as they're basically putting their car in a position where another motorist might have to use that space if the car park is full, which I believe the above case was.

I'd say as car people we would be more prone to utilising two spaces yet how often do any of us pay for two tickets? 🤔 By the same logic we should.

I daily my own pride and joy and it kills me to see defects but I understand it's a possibility when the car is used as much as it is. But then if I can't get parked in a spot I'm satisfied with I literally abandon the car park in search of somewhere I am satisfied with or go home 😂

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Just playing devil's advocate here, but what if the Land rover parked that way because the car in the next bay was parked badly which then left and was replaced by a decent parked car? Yes, it's an annoyance but damaging someone's property for it is a bit harsh.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Just playing devil's advocate here, but what if the Land rover parked that way because the car in the next bay was parked badly which then left and was replaced by a decent parked car? Yes, it's an annoyance but damaging someone's property for it is a bit harsh.

Again I agree, I don't think it was damaging someone's property intentionally though, and I wouldn't do it myself, especially considering you're as likely to chip off some of the laquer on the door edge of your own car.

But if the land rover knew it couldn't fit properly then looking for a space where it could fit between the lines surely couldn't be too much hassle?

However I largely think car parks are to blame, too many spaces are laid out for cars to slot into next to one another where there is literally only enough room for the cars themselves, no room for doors opening, it's pure greed for getting as many cars in as possible.

The system is broken, and it's a vicious circle because cars are getting bigger