People who can't park their fingers up their hole's thread..

ShaunB

RMS Regular
Springhill is full of that style of abandonment daily.
Certainly is.
While it looks like its in the space, drivers wheel is into the space in front,

Attachments

• 20190923_181640.jpg
    20190923_181640.jpg
    309.9 KB · Views: 114

407_hdi

RMS Regular
Drives
E-Class / Z4
Springhill is full of that style of abandonment daily.
I can walk over faster than I can find a space I'm happy to leave my car in, I wonder sometimes how these people have enough coordination to even do up their shoelaces

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000
Why do so many people now think it’s ok to park wholly on the pavement? As in all wheels on it.
I’m constantly reminded of Fletcher in Porridge when he says “there’s no point appealing to his better nature, mate, he hasn’t got one!”

I had to drop documents off to the courts in Belfast and I couldn't find a space for my bike, so I parked behind a police car on double yellow lines directly outside the building and asked the officer would mind if I ran in quickly and dropped the documents off. He was dead on and said he would keep an eye out for a traffic warden. When I returned I said thanks and he advised that I should just park on the foot path next time, as it then goes from being an issue dealt by traffic wardens to a police issue. As I wouldn't be causing an obstruction there is nothing they could do. This might be why people are parking wholly on the pavement if they are not causing an obstruction.

Bryan

RMS Regular
Our wonderful neighbour continues to park his van in the most awkward place...

You'd think it would be easy when the trailer isn't loaded... but no - the van has moved and I can't get the cut necessary to get it turned properly.

Captain Starlet

RMS Regular
Drives
S2000

You'd think it would be easy when the trailer isn't loaded... but no - the van has moved and I can't get the cut necessary to get it turned properly.

That looks like it would be much easier with the mini out of the way or even moved from the pavement.

Bryan

RMS Regular
It's actually easier with the Mini there - especially loaded. When loaded the fence side is totally blind side and the Mini gives me something to judge against and I know it isn't going to hit the fence. I have another video with the Mini out on the Kerb too which takes a lot longer than any of the above!

aaflyer79

RMS Regular
I had to drop documents off to the courts in Belfast and I couldn't find a space for my bike, so I parked behind a police car on double yellow lines directly outside the building and asked the officer would mind if I ran in quickly and dropped the documents off. He was dead on and said he would keep an eye out for a traffic warden. When I returned I said thanks and he advised that I should just park on the foot path next time, as it then goes from being an issue dealt by traffic wardens to a police issue. As I wouldn't be causing an obstruction there is nothing they could do. This might be why people are parking wholly on the pavement if they are not causing an obstruction.
I meant on a residential pavement where it 100% does.

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
I have noticed a trend in Larne of people parking their cars on their front garden. First I thought one of my neighbours was just a weirdo washing his jeep on his grass (driveway empty, then a couple of days later I started noticing the parking. So my neighbour isn’t weird....Larne in general is weird.

Faaast

RMS Regular
I have noticed a trend in Larne of people parking their cars on their front garden. First I thought one of my neighbours was just a weirdo washing his jeep on his grass (driveway empty, then a couple of days later I started noticing the parking. So my neighbour isn’t weird....Larne in general is weird.
Isn't that what front gardens are there for ??

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW

Why didn’t you go over to your neighbour’s house and ask him politely to move his van?

Bryan

RMS Regular
Why didn’t you go over to your neighbour’s house and ask him politely to move his van?

Been done which now means he parks it there everytime he brings it home. It's now never in the driveway. He even opened the blind one night and saw I was struggling to get the trailer into the driveway and just closed it again. I feel like just putting the car into reverse and slamming the accelerator sometimes but then it's not worth it since it isn't actually his van anyway.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Been done which now means he parks it there everytime he brings it home. It's now never in the driveway. He even opened the blind one night and saw I was struggling to get the trailer into the driveway and just closed it again. I feel like just putting the car into reverse and slamming the accelerator sometimes but then it's not worth it since it isn't actually his van anyway.

If he's started doing it in badness, personally I'd be parking the trailer TIGHT next to the van with the car attached and across the back at a diagonal to prevent him moving it. Do it a few times and that might spur him into parking where he's supposed to instead of making your life difficult and being a sh*t neighbour

zafturbo

RMS Regular
If he's started doing it in badness, personally I'd be parking the trailer TIGHT next to the van with the car attached and across the back at a diagonal to prevent him moving it. Do it a few times and that might spur him into parking where he's supposed to instead of making your life difficult and being a sh*t neighbour
The guy in the van imo is totally within his rights to park his van outside his house if that is the case surely.
I guess that’s me your talking about then.
3A660E9C-EFD7-4E2D-B470-509C5EF20955.jpeg