People who can't park their fingers up their hole's thread..

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Was down at the post office in the village just before lunch , reversed into a space and got out. Pretty new Honda civic beside me was sitting with the engine running and nobody in it. Keys sitting on the passenger seat. Mental.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
@FM155 happens local to me everyday. Passats, vans you name it. Winter is worse they'll leave it running across the street and dander into the shop, only a matter of time before one goes.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Seen it before too but thought it was dying out with all the older idiots but they obviously passed this tradition down to the next generation.

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
@FM155 happens local to me everyday. Passats, vans you name it. Winter is worse they'll leave it running across the street and dander into the shop, only a matter of time before one goes.
Now it's on an open forum there'll be a queue of hallions waiting on them next week 8o|

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
34EB4C09-68D6-4DCD-B6ED-D2C46352C883.jpeg

ShaunB

RMS Regular
Bloomfields.

Attachments

• 20201114_151355.jpg
    20201114_151355.jpg
    494.4 KB · Views: 104
  • 20201114_145402.jpg
    20201114_145402.jpg
    668.4 KB · Views: 102

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Was down at the post office in the village just before lunch , reversed into a space and got out. Pretty new Honda civic beside me was sitting with the engine running and nobody in it. Keys sitting on the passenger seat. Mental.
Saw a lad in his 20’s do this in a bmw at a very busy filling station in Omagh. Was in the shop at least 10-15mins. I got very tempted to turn the car around and move it over a space and really confuse him 😂

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Saw a lad in his 20’s do this in a bmw at a very busy filling station in Omagh. Was in the shop at least 10-15mins. I got very tempted to turn the car around and move it over a space and really confuse him 😂
Years ago I saw a fella pull up on a brand new KTM super duke left it running to go into the shop. It was the middle of summer in Portrush and the foot paths were bunged. It could be gone in 5 seconds.

Robert

RMS Trader
2F0DDFE9-F10A-415B-9F72-C0E834963BC3.jpeg

No idea why it has appeared at 90 degrees off, but this boils my blood, as if parking at the pumps when not getting fuel isn’t annoying enough this driver decides to just abandon their car half way between two pumps, and then they and their passenger proceed into the shop without a mask or face covering between them. 😷

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I see this all the time at Stormont.

I understand it’s very popular to walk about and take your kids to the park with limited parking spaces but FML, there are other places to park not too far away that don’t obstruct paths. People just abandon their cars where ever they want.

We had to park at the rugby pitches further down from the park which I don’t mind as I’m not a lazy ***** but we had our 2 year old and new born in a pram so was just annoying more than it was a hassle.

2F436C00-734B-4C7B-8FD1-C9B8B9EF00BE.jpeg

The space directly behind the maserati as well is a hatched area with a car in it. Into the main carpark there was a car on the footpath blocking access.

You can see the white Tiguan abandoned in the mud at the top (at least it’s “off road”)

Then you watch the housewives stress about getting out of their “convenient” spaces and can’t manoeuvre their cars

aaflyer79

RMS Regular
I see this all the time at Stormont.

I understand it’s very popular to walk about and take your kids to the park with limited parking spaces but FML, there are other places to park not too far away that don’t obstruct paths. People just abandon their cars where ever they want.

We had to park at the rugby pitches further down from the park which I don’t mind as I’m not a lazy ***** but we had our 2 year old and new born in a pram so was just annoying more than it was a hassle.

View attachment 305029

The space directly behind the maserati as well is a hatched area with a car in it. Into the main carpark there was a car on the footpath blocking access.

You can see the white Tiguan abandoned in the mud at the top (at least it’s “off road”)

Then you watch the housewives stress about getting out of their “convenient” spaces and can’t manoeuvre their cars
It’s just the whole **** everyone else attitude that’s so prevalent with relation to parking. Partly it’s because they know that they’ll not get a ticket and probably have enough ££ not to worry if the car is marked. I notice it more and more with people parking more on the pavement vs proportion of car on the road; closer to junctions; and in front of other’s houses rather than their own ( I know, i know it’s not illegal... but even so) and more people not using their driveways and parking on road. Is this last one becoming more common - I’m sure it wasn’t as common 5-10 years ago? Look back at Google Streetview to see that change...

vw1500

RMS Regular
Drives
VW
All part of a more selfish attitude of folks over the past lot of years.

People parking in parent spaces too is another example, although I haven't had bother with this in ages as rarely have the kids out anywhere over the past year, but really gets my goat as it's near impossible to park the family wagon in a regular spot and get the kids out. I saw two early 20s girls that thought they were something park a tiny wee citroen/peugeot in a spot last year, I managed to get the one beside them but had seen an mpv circling looking for a spot and told them that they shouldn't have been parked there and the driver just said "oh right" and walked on into the shopping centre. The fact that there were chevrons between spots, a large painted sign on the spot and a sign on a post infront of it obviously escaped them. Wasn't even like it was a nice car that they didn't want pranged or would have found difficult to park

RevT

RMS Regular
It’s just the whole **** everyone else attitude that’s so prevalent with relation to parking. Partly it’s because they know that they’ll not get a ticket and probably have enough ££ not to worry if the car is marked. I notice it more and more with people parking more on the pavement vs proportion of car on the road; closer to junctions; and in front of other’s houses rather than their own ( I know, i know it’s not illegal... but even so) and more people not using their driveways and parking on road. Is this last one becoming more common - I’m sure it wasn’t as common 5-10 years ago? Look back at Google Streetview to see that change...

I would say the last bit is because of developers building houses now in the tightest spot they can meaning cars can’t be parked side by side. People then park one of their motors on the street instead of in the driveway

-Pete-

RMS Regular
All part of a more selfish attitude of folks over the past lot of years.

People parking in parent spaces too is another example, although I haven't had bother with this in ages as rarely have the kids out anywhere over the past year, but really gets my goat as it's near impossible to park the family wagon in a regular spot and get the kids out. I saw two early 20s girls that thought they were something park a tiny wee citroen/peugeot in a spot last year, I managed to get the one beside them but had seen an mpv circling looking for a spot and told them that they shouldn't have been parked there and the driver just said "oh right" and walked on into the shopping centre. The fact that there were chevrons between spots, a large painted sign on the spot and a sign on a post infront of it obviously escaped them. Wasn't even like it was a nice car that they didn't want pranged or would have found difficult to park
definitely people are more selfish these days. Also think the onset of leasing cars instead of long term ownership has had a big impact. people don't give anywhere near as much consideration to their short term hand back vehicle. Different to those who might keep a car long term and don't want those dings and scrapes ruining resale value or turning into rust patches.
I think generally people are just thicker and more selfish these days. Notice it with driving standards too. Lose count at the amount of times people are clearly running a red light at junctions. madness.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
On street parking does my head in. People on my street have driveways but don’t use them through laziness

little they may know that their car parked diagonally on the pavement on the corner is dangerous and potential for a collision or damage to their car