People who can't park their fingers up their hole's thread..

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Shopping place at Boucher yesterday was mental with retards parking all over. Site management were out giving out tickets left right and centre which was good to see. While i was waiting for my wife i counted 9 cars with tickets on them:grinning:.

Paddy H

Banned
Drives
Accord Executive
Shopping place at Boucher yesterday was mental with retards parking all over. Site management were out giving out tickets left right and centre which was good to see. While i was waiting for my wife i counted 9 cars with tickets on them:grinning:.

Are those tickets worth the paper they are written on?

arewethereyet

RMS Regular
i park in the disabled bays .

and i know of ones that actually said to me that they park in 2 bays because they don't want their car hit.

big screw-nail propped against the tyre sorts them out.

especially if they just have a puncture kit and no spare in the new cars.

t.i.g.h.t.e.n.t.h.e.d.u.n.g.i.n.y.a.com

TSPORT

RMS Regular
Drives
///M3
Keep a few of these in the glove box....

tumblr_lvbt7d8cju1r4th60o1_500.png
LOL Just printed 10 copies of this (y)

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
Are those tickets worth the paper they are written on?

No. This is something ive a lot of experience in. For example, disabled badges. A Blue badge doesnt apply legally to private car parks for example. Its just morally wrong that non-disabled people shouldnt use them, but anyone can.

99% of of private property parking tickets are illegal anyways. It's now a criminal offence to clamp or tow vehicles without lawful authority on private land in England and Wales, under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012. Clamping's been illegal in Scotland since 1992, but hasn't been banned in Northern Ireland yet.

Frustratingly over here it's likely you'll need to pay the charge first to get your vehicle released. Then if it's unfair, seek a refund.If that's the case, when you pay, always state you're paying under protest and, if you can, write "paid under protest" on any document retained by the clamper. That means the clamping company can't suggest you accepted liability by simply paying up!!!!

First thing you need to do is check if they are SIA lisenced. http://www.the-sia.org.uk/home

The person who is fitting the clamp or fine you and MUST be wearing this in clear visibility.

SIAVILicence.jpg

If they're not, both they and their employer have broken the law. Any landowner that employs an unlicensed clamper or tow-away firm is committing a criminal offence.
Once the clamp remover arrives or you reach the car pound, ask to see a licence from the SIA. It is an offence if they do not provide you with a 16 digit SIA licence number, which should be on the front of a licence. You can check the number is legitimate on the SIA website or by calling 0151 243 3701.

If any offence has been committed, demand your vehicle is released without charge immediately. If it's not, don't be scared to call the police, as a crime has been committed. If the individual has a licence you can try to bargain or negotiate with the clamping firm. If it doesn't budge, always Gather evidence.

I myself have actually gotten away with 5 so called "private parking" tickets knowing my stuff and a council ticket from Ballymena Council who had an licensed attendant whos SIA had expired and he hadnt caught on. Honest. Jog on kitty. (y)

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
About 2 years ago when the insignia's first came out, I found myself in possesion of her dads new SRI model with 300 miles on the clock... I took it to tesco and back and it was parked in the far corner of the carpark in the middle of 4 spaces because I was absolutley paranoid about it.
Given the state of my daily I would hate to park anything nice in most public carparks to be honest.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
I park far enough away that I can take up 1 space and not worry about people hitting my doors.

Lifes too short to get worked up over other peoples parking, just let them get on with it.

Karlos Da Jackle

RMS Regular
Drives
PUG 306+GSI CARL
OK, so just to clarify, what has upset you, and are having a wee moan at.

Half the people of RMS DO.. MMMmmmmmmmm

2 cars, in 3 parking spaces, or full Full door swing apart.

. Suddenly this little Micra pulls out and as I go to reverse in I noticed that both the Hyunday Jeep and Lexus were parked within my spot. ?!?

I regularly take up 2 spaces in a carpark when I can to stop tw*ts banging their door off my door or 1/4 panel

Usually avoid parking beside a people carrier as generally they dont give a f*ck about other peoples cars

For work - all the car nuts share the far corner of the carpark where we give each other a full door swing of distance between the cars. Keeps the muppets away because they want to park right at the front door and allows 2 cars to 3 bays instead of 1 car to 2 bays. Works a charm...

I park over two spaces all the time. Or in craigavon in tescos there a few spaces where there are two metal girders, one each side with a space between :grinning:

About 2 years ago when the insignia's first came out, I found myself in possesion of her dads new SRI model with 300 miles on the clock... I took it to tesco and back and it was parked in the far corner of the carpark in the middle of 4 spaces because I was absolutley paranoid about it.
Given the state of my daily I would hate to park anything nice in most public carparks to be honest.

So Gabriel90 to clarify, you were the heur that squezed your car inbetween two other careful people, particular about their cars, and didn't want to do damage to their own car doors. Yet you go and squeeze your car in the gap they left!!

Did you ever stop to consider you were the inconsiderate one, Jamming your car inbetween those 2 careful drivers that left plenty of room to open their doors and parked in 2 spaces to protect their cars?? lol

I know you weren't and it was probably lack of parking skill on their part, however looks like half of RMS are guilty of it.

arewethereyet

RMS Regular
So Gabriel90 to clarify, you were the heur that squezed your car inbetween two other careful people, particular about their cars, and didn't want to do damage to their own car doors. Yet you go and squeeze your car in the gap they left!!

Did you ever stop to consider you were the inconsiderate one, Jamming your car inbetween those 2 careful drivers that left plenty of room to open their doors and parked in 2 spaces to protect their cars?? lol

I know you weren't and it was probably lack of parking skill on their part, however looks like half of RMS are guilty of it.

well done that man,@ Gabriel90

Jack, the space is made for a car to be in, bit like the lines in the middle of the road, to stay on your own side,
if your car is so precious to ya, get a bus to tesco, or shop in lidl, as its never packed, or go break your firkin' spine and use a disables spot. :laughing:

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
It's fair assumption to make that unfortunately we are the minority when it comes to caring about car park dings and careless carpark users.... and as always in life... majority rules... so as long as their more carpark c-units than carpark carers..... tough titties.... but by all means voice your disgust as i often do and maybe someday the population just might learn to be more considerate.. as it stands for now.. I dont see it ever happening... I see an increase in people carriers and sheds on the road and as probability goes.... the odds are stacked against us :worried:...... eye for an eye... dent for a broken windscreen and x4 punctures.

Gemma

RMS Regular
Shannonsir but just because people drive sheds doesnt mean they dont care about other peoples cars, thats such an unfair assumption! if i drove a clapped out car i still wouldnt park by someone in a nice car and jst swing my door open cause i dont give a toss about their car. i still have respect no matter what car i drive.

now this could be an unfair assumption but i will never ever park beside mexicans (southerns) or foreigners no matter what state their car is in..... ive seen how they drive down there and it scares me

arewethereyet

RMS Regular
i think the opposite of the south gemma, i use both car and bike over the divide and they're great.

best of all on bike, when they see you coming they jump into the hedges, wind down a window and wave ya on all the faster,, then i come up to the north again to be swung at and fingered by asse-ole arrogance.
let another bike rider say different. the garda give ya a race, and pull ya in for a chat and a fag, even seen the garda siphon some fuel out of their tank to get a biker going again.

and, they can fit their big 4x4's inside the boxes perfectly. And respect the car beside them.

when i see a southern reg: car up here they must be so confused with our disgusting driving. no courtesy whatsoever. and i don't mean courtesy of someone getting out at a junction or a wee flash to let someone out.

Shannonsir

RMS Regular
Drives
Camaro SS
Shannonsir but just because people drive sheds doesnt mean they dont care about other peoples cars, thats such an unfair assumption! if i drove a clapped out car i still wouldnt park by someone in a nice car and jst swing my door open cause i dont give a toss about their car. i still have respect no matter what car i drive.

now this could be an unfair assumption but i will never ever park beside mexicans (southerns) or foreigners no matter what state their car is in..... ive seen how they drive down there and it scares me

Apologies maybe i worded that incorrectly.. or maybe i was generalising.. .everyones opinion of a shed varies so what i should have said is someone who quite obviously drives a car they don't care about, (could be a supercar badly cared for)... will generally and i use the word generally fairly loosely, not have as much respect for other peoples cars as those with a more obviously well cared for car... in an equal but opposite end of the spectrum, people who care for their cars generally understand the importance of respecting other peoples cars/property.. because I do, and take the utter most care opening my door be it beisde a ferrari or a parcel... (opinions of parcels may vary).

Karlos Da Jackle

RMS Regular
Drives
PUG 306+GSI CARL

Definately agree.

I drive a shed, But I am very wary and careful, not to touch another persons car.

I even go as far as holding the passanger door, at the limit before it would touch the car beside me, until the passanger got in the car, and close their door, so they don't do any damage.

Gemma

RMS Regular
i think the opposite of the south gemma, i use both car and bike over the divide and they're great.

best of all on bike, when they see you coming they jump into the hedges, wind down a window and wave ya on all the faster,, then i come up to the north again to be swung at and fingered by asse-ole arrogance.
let another bike rider say different. the garda give ya a race, and pull ya in for a chat and a fag, even seen the garda siphon some fuel out of their tank to get a biker going again.

and, they can fit their big 4x4's inside the boxes perfectly. And respect the car beside them.

when i see a southern reg: car up here they must be so confused with our disgusting driving. no courtesy whatsoever. and i don't mean courtesy of someone getting out at a junction or a wee flash to let someone out.

have you ever been in dublin.......fupp me.....they drive through red traffic lights and over the top of you if they could....green light means go, red light means go to them aswell lol

Gemma

RMS Regular
if any of you see my car about (lets face it, it aint hard to miss) i will be parked in two spaces at the far end of a carpark where it is empty, sorry thats just how it is lol

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
cars are for driving ffs, if the panels mean that much to you park it in a garage and look / wenk over it!!!

i will park a little further away but by no means take up 2 spaces nor park at the very corner 1/2 mile away from the shop...

and those who park over 2 spaces should be fined/clamped, more so when the car parks are very busy

J_Mc_G

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza STi / ZX
One of the many and varied perks of kiddies are the parent and toddler spaces. Get some looks in the scoob till they see the 2 seats, soon to be 3 :grinning:

Gemma

RMS Regular
ive said beforem im gona buy baby seats and wack them in the car, who would ever know?? lol