Performance Cars NI Instagram

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

moglie

RMS Regular
Hi guys

About time I took to Instagram to promote the business and to bring top class content and cars to an insta audience.

Still finding my feet with the platform but if you could give our page a follow and spread the word I would really appreciate it.

Our Instagram page is performancecarsni

Won't be any BS. Just for sale adverts and associated content.

Ps any business owners used Instagram? What's the thoughts? Any tips/recommendations?

Thanks as always everyone

Screenshot_20190220-224442_Instagram.jpg

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
Insta is where it is at these days. Know people individually earning a fortune each month from it and also people being booked for all sorts of jobs based upon their following, regardless of their ability to actually do the job !

It’s a crazy crazy world we live in.

In your case rather than simply use it as a tool showing cars, you should look at Dean from Redline’s page, he is doing great building a following

Also, the BS is what hooks people in ! Anyone with large numbers is constantly uploading ‘stories’, it’s a hell of a lot of work if it’s not something that comes naturally though

Jason

RMS Regular
I personally don’t get it as a selling platform as most of the followers are global not even local!

moglie

RMS Regular
OP
moglie
Insta is where it is at these days. Know people individually earning a fortune each month from it and also people being booked for all sorts of jobs based upon their following, regardless of their ability to actually do the job !

It’s a crazy crazy world we live in.

In your case rather than simply use it as a tool showing cars, you should look at Dean from Redline’s page, he is doing great building a following

Also, the BS is what hooks people in ! Anyone with large numbers is constantly uploading ‘stories’, it’s a hell of a lot of work if it’s not something that comes naturally though

Happened to check out redline etc there Chris. I can see what you mean in terms of the content they upload. I suppose it's just all a matter of generating interest on the page and keeping it fresh.

Several guys in the trade across the water have said Instagram is being heralded as the future for marketing and they're all really focusing on it. The younger generation are all about Instagram and FB usage is dwindling.

Again, it's worth a go. It's a free portal and easy to use. Its another place to spread the word, and get our stock out there.

Thanks as always Chris for taking the time to reply. Very helpful as always (y)

moglie

RMS Regular
OP
moglie
I personally don’t get it as a selling platform as most of the followers are global not even local!

I have noticed that to a certain extent Jas although I think alot of it is down to how you tag posts and trying to keep the content UK/Ireland specific.

Also putting the link to your Instagram page on your website, fb page etc will help drive more interest from local enthusiasts

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
It’s a fantastic tool Stefan if you know how to use it. For some it comes completely natural to them and their growth is very steady and comes easy. For others as I say it is more laboursome but once you get into it you can defo become more comfortable and it gets easier.
I was on a job last year and a producer literally picked certain people to come and work on a movie based on their amount of followers, their ability was largely secondary and that really made me go wow and realise just how powerful it can be.
From a retail perspective it’s all about creating a bond, you offer insight into you and your business and people then feel they have a bond with you even though they might never have even met you before ! Then, in your case, they are more likely to come to you to buy or sell or indeed source a car for them.

It’s so crazy but that’s the world we live in today

Last edited:

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Great idea Stefan I will follow it here now.

One thing it could do as I noticed this when I was in your yard is to show off the vast stock you have as you had a lot of very impressive machines in stock, even just a yard walk around would show potential buyers of the cars you have on sale

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Great idea, perfect tool to use in this day and age for selling cars!

Dave..

RMS Regular
Happened to check out redline etc there Chris. I can see what you mean in terms of the content they upload. I suppose it's just all a matter of generating interest on the page and keeping it fresh.

Several guys in the trade across the water have said Instagram is being heralded as the future for marketing and they're all really focusing on it. The younger generation are all about Instagram and FB usage is dwindling.

Again, it's worth a go. It's a free portal and easy to use. Its another place to spread the word, and get our stock out there.

Thanks as always Chris for taking the time to reply. Very helpful as always (y)
Redline have a very good FB page, lots of good info posts. I don`t really "Get" Instagram but as I am old will use this as an excuse.
I have followed your page.

pizza85

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3
I like the way redline do it and I've followed you as well Stefan. The only thing I would suggest is not posting sold cars again, nice to keep it current for people viewing otherwise it all gets a bit crowded.

Same goes for the Hollybrook website for example, I think having the sold cars in can confuse things more than necessary!

Good luck with it mate

Carson

RMS Regular
Drives
R53 JCW/A4 B8.5
I think as Stefan is just creating the business profile on Instagram that posting some past stock is ideal as it really shows of the quality and range of performance cars he offers.

Good to see you on instragram mate, it’s the way things are going these days - like it or not. Facebook is falling behind IMO.

You can promote etc via Instagram - similar to how you can target specific audiences on Facebook.

I think the use of the story function to really engage with followers is key. You have great stock so I am sure you will have plenty of content. :cool:

RolyaT

RMS Regular
Drives
people mad
I’d agree that at this stage it makes sense to post past stock. If nothing else it will gain a few followers who like the type of cars that the page posts. I gave it a follow :grinning:

pizza85

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3
Yeah I guess if only starting on IG it's useful to get a few on the page. I just hate when you look at a stock list on a website and you can't distinguish current and past stock easily

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.