Peugeot 406 V6 coupe.

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
OP
stuartyvilla
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Not much to report on this, I had to daily it for a week a couple of weeks back and it was superb, so smooth and I'm addicted to that soundtrack πŸ™Œ. Managed to finally wash it for the first time today as well, mainly as the drivers door rubber had perished so water got in. Managed to get some proper pictures as well πŸ‘
IMG_8609.JPG
IMG_8611.JPG
IMG_8613.JPG
IMG_8618.JPG

Last edited:

suckindiesel

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Only seeing this now....brilliant! That's a really nice engine that. The na V6's of the 90's/2000's were great...a thing of the past now.

ossy2004

RMS Regular
Drives
R33 / V70

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
OP
stuartyvilla
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Only seeing this now....brilliant! That's a really nice engine that. The na V6's of the 90's/2000's were great...a thing of the past now.
It really is a lovely engine, such a shame N/A is pretty much consigned to the past!
Looks superb condition, old skool FTW 😎😎
As much as I want his to be true, the photography masks the marks, dents etc all pretty well, although for shed money, what do you expect.
I don't know how I missed this either. Always loved the 406 coupe. V6 and NI registered ticks all the boxes.
I was very lucky to find a V6 manual one locally, certainly an opportunity to good to pass :laughing:

Johnny_E

RMS Regular
Drives
C220
That's a belter.. Lovely body shape and great that you picked up a manual. Drove a 2.7v6 407 auto and it's probably the worst auto box I've ever driven. Ruined a good engine.

Get a chinese lexia / pp2000 clone off eBay and you've full diagnostics for not too much.

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Lovely indeed.

I think this is truly one of the last cars that could genuinely be called "pretty"

No need for aggressive air scoops, wings or vents,

MustangAlly

RMS Regular
Drives
Corvette
I really like these! Timeless design for sure!! I think these will be a future classic and will appreciate in value

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
OP
stuartyvilla
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Thanks for the interest folks! The car hasn't done much since I bought it to be honest. Hopefully Spring/Summer 2021 I will get it out and use it more, it really is a perfect modern classic shed πŸ‘Œ.

Nazor

RMS Regular
Drives
306 Dimma
That is gorgeous and looks like a great example. My dad had nothing but Peugeot V6's for years! 604, 505 and subsequently the 605. Always thought he'd end up with one of these tbh. I loved the sound of our 605.

Health to drive!!

scub

Banned
only spotted this thread.
family member has had 1 of these for at least 15 years.
doesn't get a lot of miles since he's retired but still going well & serviced every year even tho it probably doesn't do more than a thousand miles a year.
still rust free & looks the part. his is the metallic green.
classy old motor 😎

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
OP
stuartyvilla
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
only spotted this thread.
family member has had 1 of these for at least 15 years.
doesn't get a lot of miles since he's retired but still going well & serviced every year even tho it probably doesn't do more than a thousand miles a year.
still rust free & looks the part. his is the metallic green.
classy old motor 😎
Ohh a green one would be lovely, sadly mine isn't rust free despite the dry storage its previous owner kept it in 😒.

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
OP
stuartyvilla
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
That is gorgeous and looks like a great example. My dad had nothing but Peugeot V6's for years! 604, 505 and subsequently the 605. Always thought he'd end up with one of these tbh. I loved the sound of our 605.

Health to drive!!
Thanks! A 605 now that is a car you hardly ever see! As a side note your dimma is 😍

Antoin

RMS Regular
Drives
E60 535d
My ex boss had one of these as a company car. Same silver V6.
He did feck all miles in it as he only lived a mile from work.
Drove it a few times in and out to Charles Hurst for its services.

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
OP
stuartyvilla
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Just to keep keep this thread updated, unfortunately I sold this last week, getting married next year and house hunting with the other half meant I wanted to free up some funds (albeit small with this lol), plus with lockdown continuing I could barely use it for any kind of journey, so made the decision that the big bus had to go, happy to say I ticked the box of a silky smooth 90's V6 coupe! One more picture before this thread is consigned to history. Although it does tease what I got to replace my written off GTI 🀭

20210114_141115.jpg

Zach57

RMS Regular
Just to keep keep this thread updated, unfortunately I sold this last week, getting married next year and house hunting with the other half meant I wanted to free up some funds (albeit small with this lol), plus with lockdown continuing I could barely use it for any kind of journey, so made the decision that the big bus had to go, happy to say I ticked the box of a silky smooth 90's V6 coupe! One more picture before this thread is consigned to history. Although it does tease what I got to replace my written off GTI 🀭

View attachment 310893
Good job on the BPS, power orange looks great.