Peugeot 5008 Brings Style to Practical People Mover

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
See the blog feature on this - Like its smaller sibling, the 3008, Peugeot's largest of people moving machines, the 5008, was incredibly bland and boring, until recently that is, when an all-new 5008 SUV model was released.

Featuring what has become signature styling across the vast majority of the French makers range... Read the Full Article Here

Read the Entire Article Here

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Was in Hursts looking at these yesterday, have to say it really impressed me. Yet to get a drive in one, but so far I'd prefer it over the Skoda Kodiaq. Just not so sure about ploughing the wrong side of £30k into a Peugeot though, Skoda is probably a safer place for my money...

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
Drives
M3
I love driving these, We have 2 down here at the minute - One Auto & one Manual. Massive massive jump in build, design, quality from the previous generation one.

Emrald 5008 Showroom-3
by Jamie Graham, on Flickr

Emrald 5008 Showroom-5
by Jamie Graham, on Flickr

@Rocko the steering wheel is strange the first few times you drive one but is really comfortable and quite amusing on a twisty road when you get used to it.

@amg306 Fire me a PM and I can arrange a drive for you, always like to help an RMS'r out. At the minute the residuals on both the 3008 & 5008's are holding very well, it was Peugeot's aim to protect them when they launched both models - so far they're doing very well.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Tell me this, does it have a collision avoidance system? My mum had one as courtesy car and it would freak out going down the steep driveway. Almost to the point of cutting out entirely.

Or was it just being all Peugeot-y?

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
Drives
M3
Tell me this, does it have a collision avoidance system? My mum had one as courtesy car and it would freak out going down the steep driveway. Almost to the point of cutting out entirely.

Or was it just being all Peugeot-y?

It does yes, if it was Allure spec or upwards, you can just about see the sensors above the rear view mirror in the picture. It usually doesn't cut in until you're moving over 15mph though? Front parking sensors do pick up on steep driveways and beep though.

Graham

RMS Photographer
OP
Graham
Drives
Press Cars
Was in Hursts looking at these yesterday, have to say it really impressed me. Yet to get a drive in one, but so far I'd prefer it over the Skoda Kodiaq. Just not so sure about ploughing the wrong side of £30k into a Peugeot though, Skoda is probably a safer place for my money...
As a guide, residuals on a pre-reg, or six month old Peugeot are great... Her 208 was a staff car from mainland, six months old, and had dropped £10k from list rrp by that point, we sold it a year later for what we paid on it.

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
My brother and sister in law picked up one of these in white a few months back, I'd never been in one before and was very impressed with the interior and futuristic dash look that Peugeot has incorporated. Whether it ages well or not remains to be seen, 'futuristic' designs sometimes look naff 10 yrs on but then again they may simply be ahead of the curve.

new-5008-suv-interior-design.233900.233900.19.jpg

stuartyvilla

RMS Regular
Drives
182/ 208 GTI
Regarding the steering wheel, once I got used to it I honestly thought why does more manufacturers not do a smaller wheel, great to use imo and made the 182's wheel feel like a bus wheel.

rupertfinch

RMS Regular
Where does one tick the 'children with no legs' box?
For a 7 seater I'm curious how I'd get kids in the rearmost seats?

JamieG95

RMS Photographer
Drives
M3
Where does one tick the 'children with no legs' box?
For a 7 seater I'm curious how I'd get kids in the rearmost seats?

The middle row slides back and forward, at its furthest back setting there’s not much room but if you slide then forward there is enough room for kids (or a small adult) in the 2 rear seats :cool:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.