Peugeot partner 1.6 HDi 75 2007 not starting

Sheepyy

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a Peugeot partner 1.6 HDi 75 2007. It’s run perfectly since I got it and the mileage is just shy of 50k.
It started having some sort of oil leak a few days after buying it, just a small patch (I think it could be the power steering fluid as that was really low)

I went on holiday for a week, came home and it just about had enough power to start the van, I drove about 15 miles stopped at a shop and turned my ignition off but left my lights on. Came back to the van and it won’t start, it’s as if an immobiliser is active.
The van bump starts first time but doesn’t start with the key.
Tried charging the battery on a trickle charge over night, the next morning it started by the key but as if there was very little power from the battery so I changed that for a new one and no luck, still as if there’s an immobiliser activated.
Topped up my power steering fluid to just under max, checked my engine oil levels and they’re fine so I’m not sure what else to do.
The clock is flashing but I’m guessing that’s just because I disconnected the battery?

The last thing I’ve got to ask is I get a min - max thing when I turn the ignition on where the mileage is and I’m not sure what it’s for, I’ll try to attach a picture below.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as I need the van for a job tomorrow!
9B274A82-1D0D-4ED5-A1A4-541401BBD2D9.jpeg

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
‘Max thing’ is your engine oil level. Best to get someone with a diagnostic machine to plug into your van to see what codes it may have stored and go from there.

Sounds electrical rather than a low fluid issue.

Sheepyy

OP
S
‘Max thing’ is your engine oil level. Best to get someone with a diagnostic machine to plug into your van to see what codes it may have stored and go from there.

Sounds electrical rather than a low fluid issue.
Okay so maybe a coil pack issue? I’ll have to try find someone to plug it in and have a quick check on the codes

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Try disconnecting the battery again and leaving it for a while to maybe re-set things? Yeah that’s the oil level indicator too

martybelfastsri

RMS Regular
Drives
all sorts
try a bsi reset ,,intrustions online just google it ect always let the bsi shut down before disconecting the battery ect can cause problem i learned the hard way lol im sure a bad battery can cause issues too...mine starting letting somone to remove my battery to use in another car ect if your van is bumping tho sounds like bad starter as immob it wouldnt start at all

Last edited:

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
Post a video of it trying to start on the key, my guess from what you have said is bad connections or a bad starter

dddrrift

RMS Regular
cant be a coil pack on a diesel! sounds like ecu/bsi/clocks/key problem. Prob caused by a bad/failing battery. find someone with peugeot planet diagnostics to check out the codes and re-sync everything

NI_Volvo_Nut

RMS Regular
Drives
Volvo's!
If it starts with a bump it is not an immobiliser or key issue.

As for getting codes read - does nobody do old fashioned mechanics anymore? What you going to do when it doesn't show any code because it doesn't believe there is a fault

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
I had same issue and after checking few bits I realised the earth strap was corroded under battery tray , first thing I would be checking after the battery is the starter...

bin laden

RMS Member
Drives
octavia
best get somebody knows what they are doing check van over. checking google etc wont magic fix it needs a mechanic sort. you waste time online looking for answers for ages were a simple call out point problem out in mins ....if stuck ive computer and can help sort it get you back on road

dddrrift

RMS Regular
its french, fault codes come as standard. likely no faults in the PCM as you say, but check the Instument Cluster for loss of comms codes. Also check BSI for water ingress, seems common on the partner vans.