Phase 1 Clio 172

Nazor

RMS Regular
Drives
306 Dimma
Unreal looking now, PH1's are so scarce! @Nazor what is the perception of French cars like Peugeot & Renault in the states? Well known in enthusiast circles, or are they kind of forgotten about?
Overall not well known at all because obviously a lot of American's are into their own cars - Ford, Chevy and so on (God only knows why though). The only guys who have half an idea are those who are into the JDM or Euro scene - they'll be aware of them from that stand point.

Now having said that when the yanks seen my friends 106 Rallye in Las Vegas they all loved it - i believe because it is so different

Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 8.52.41 AM.png

Interestingly a number of years ago when i spoke to the owner of Fifteen52 wheels (doing an Autolifers article), Brad knew exactly what a Dimma was when i was telling him about my own car. Its really hit and miss but like they say...

Season 25 Abc GIF by The Bachelor

Markhall

RMS Regular
OP
Markhall
Drives
Ax gt, defender
So I stripped the back end and sent everything away to get powder coated with TJC over at Ballymoney. Was very happy with how it turned out and it was very reasonably priced.
While I had everything off I sanded the back end, treated it with Bilthamber then primed and painted it.
20210622_210043.jpg

I rebuilt the axle with the newly powdercoated bits and fitted a set of 10mm spacers from pure motorsport. A new set of ABS sensors were fitted also.
20210509_161658.jpg

I bolted the axle back in just to get it rolling and fitted the 16s I got refurbed to the rear to see how it looked. I've now left it over to my mechanic to get it all built back together and fit the brake lines etc and a new clutch. I'd like.to get it out for a drive this summer and realistically I'll never get time to get at it.
20210626_174243.jpg

Markhall

RMS Regular
OP
Markhall
Drives
Ax gt, defender
That's her built back together pretty much.
Just a few final touches. Seem to have misplaced a box of bits and pieces including the badges. Hopefully they turn up.

Cars now lowered, 16" rims and spacers fitted.
Needs a good clean up then mot.

I reckon it needs a cup spoiler to finish the back off and I have a cup style.front splitter on the way.

20210805_212123.jpg
20210805_212152.jpg
20210805_212135.jpg
20210805_154043.jpg
20210805_133231.jpg
20210805_104229.jpg
20210805_104144.jpg
20210803_171928.jpg

Markhall

RMS Regular
OP
Markhall
Drives
Ax gt, defender
It's 10mm hub spacers on the back and 12mm on the front so pretty much square. I'm sure the springs will settle in. They were literally in it a few hours

Lee A

RMS Regular
Drives
Accord types k24
Shame my brother never got hold of this when you had it up for sale. Looks well, strong money now but strange market for these as the prices vary so much. Glws

RWL

RMS Regular
Drives
A6 Allroad
Yea appeared in my favourites search and still thinking what needs to go to make way for it

Yep, contemplating that myself and also whether or not I could end up sleeping in it were I to bring home another car 😂 Very cool looking wee thing @Markhall, hope it goes to a good home!

Markhall

RMS Regular
OP
Markhall
Drives
Ax gt, defender
Wee car sold last night.
Something imo 10 times cooler taking its Place and will hopefully be collecting it over the weekend.
Watch this space lol 😆

Yep, contemplating that myself and also whether or not I could end up sleeping in it were I to bring home another car 😂 Very cool looking wee thing @Markhall, hope it goes to a good home!