Philips Tour of mull.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Dave Mr Oversteer

Hi folks, just joined and hail from Scotland, dont hold it against me! Met Andy cooper over the weekend (hi andy) and thought some of you guys may be interested in the rally. There are 7 of us going up in convoy to the ferry and camping in mull fri, sat, sun. The rally is over the closed roads and its simply spectacular! Any enthusiast would be more than welcome to tag along. RWD only I am afriad......only kidding!!

Check out the site

http://www.2300club.com/

Dave

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
Hey Dave... I've had my tickets booked for months lad ;)

We went last year, and there are 4 of us heading over again this year to marshal :grinning:. To my mind Killarney, Donegal are Mull are arguebly the best Tarmac rallies in existance. Can't wait to leave on thursday!! :grinning:

just bought a new torch specially for the occasion and all lol

Dave Mr Oversteer

OP
D
Superb! Theres 6 of us going up this year, didnt get off our arses quick enough with regard to accomodation so its good old camping at the mishnish lochs campsite. A convinient late night stagger back from the mishnish! Leaving friday morning sharp. What cars you guys going to be in and I will keep em peeled for you, maybe even buy you a dram.....who said the scots were tight!

Dave

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
Dave said:
Superb! Theres 6 of us going up this year, didnt get off our arses quick enough with regard to accomodation so its good old camping at the mishnish lochs campsite. A convinient late night stagger back from the mishnish! Leaving friday morning sharp. What cars you guys going to be in and I will keep em peeled for you, maybe even buy you a dram.....who said the scots were tight!

Dave

we'll hold ye to that lol. We'll be ina blue Seat Leon, and a blue ford fiesta.... both NI reg.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
Welcome to the site mate! Great to meet you at the weekend... I'm rather envious of your Carlton! :p

Hope it doesn't rain too hard at the tour of Mull!

Andy

Dave Mr Oversteer

OP
D
We are going up in a convoy of our winter hacks. 3x sierra 2.0l twin cams. Hardy auld beasts, mines not going this year but a smokestone hatch, black hatch and red saph will be there, all with obscene spotlights! Just for that authentic rally look!

We will keep an eye out for you

Carlton not a bad beast, probably keep it for a couple of years then get something more special.

Keep it atween the dykes lads!

Dave

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
what a class weekend! ranks slightly behind sweden as my most enjoyable event of this year!! Class roads.... and the craic was unbelieveable! One of thee friendliest rallies i've been to!!

Didn't get to take many pics of any cas in action.... but heres a few random photos to give a flavour of the weekend! :grinning:

Event winner Callum Duffy.... in his Mk11. Yes you heard right... a Mk11 won outright, beating numerous WRC Subaru's (inc one D.Biggerstaff, who finished an excellant 12th for his first time there!)
duffy.jpg

Final night fireworks in Tobermory (Ballamory for the more childish among you :grinning: )
fireworks.jpg

What Mull is all about.... night stages along the coast
nightcar.jpg

Even the course cars look pretty cool!
nightcourcecar.jpg

'Recovery'.... you have competition ;)
rescue.jpg

Taxi!!
Taxi.jpg

err.. a random sign.
sign.jpg
[/img]

Dave Mr Oversteer

OP
D
Top weekend! Great atmosphere and the weather, totaly tropical man! Hope you guys had a good weekend too, glad there wasnt any of the tragedy that occured on the event last year. Weekend wasnt without its drama, one of the cars in our group blew its head gasket on route to mull. Hats off to it though, it got thrashed there and back, used 14litres of water but got the lads home safe. As they say "old fordies never die.....they just go faster"

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.