Pinch bolt on a Saturday afternoon?

Boksic

RMS Regular
As titled fellas, where can I get a pinch bolt for an A6 front suspension, M10 x 110mm (or 100mm?).

Working in Warrenpoint here and should be home in Cushendun by 5 hopefully so somewhere in between that's open to at least 4?

This is all assuming I (or my mate) can drill the rest of the ******* out there stuck in the knuckle. Both the head and the threaded end are broke off, thing is 3/4 out, but it's not happy about moving.

I assume a decent hardware would have something close enough to do, but not all carry bolt selections anymore as it's not really worth their while

Michael44

RMS Regular
Drives
Lancia
As titled fellas, where can I get a pinch bolt for an A6 front suspension, M10 x 110mm (or 100mm?).

Working in Warrenpoint here and should be home in Cushendun by 5 hopefully so somewhere in between that's open to at least 4?

This is all assuming I (or my mate) can drill the rest of the ******* out there stuck in the knuckle. Both the head and the threaded end are broke off, thing is 3/4 out, but it's not happy about moving.

I assume a decent hardware would have something close enough to do, but not all carry bolt selections anymore as it's not really worth their while
I would have a used m10 x 110 fine pitch grade 10 which is probably what you need for anything suspension related. Would also have a new nyloc nut also grade 10.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
If by pinch, it's just to hold in a balljoint or something like that, generally that wouldn't require anything particularly special.

At a push for a few days even some threaded rod would let you away although clearly not a long term fix.

At great cost, sometimes even B&Q keep random bolts etc. But sourcing parts like that here at a weekend any normal fastener place.....good luck.

Boksic

RMS Regular
OP
Boksic
I would have a used m10 x 110 fine pitch grade 10 which is probably what you need for anything suspension related. Would also have a new nyloc nut also grade 10.

110mm 8.8 is going to do the job this time, if it comes down to the strength of this bolt then she'll have wrecked plenty of other stuff to get to it! Should be plenty high enough grade for its job.

If by pinch, it's just to hold in a balljoint or something like that, generally that wouldn't require anything particularly special.

At a push for a few days even some threaded rod would let you away although clearly not a long term fix.

At great cost, sometimes even B&Q keep random bolts etc. But sourcing parts like that here at a weekend any normal fastener place.....good luck.

Got sorted in McParlands in Newry at about 3pm.
You're right, they're nothing particularly special, just part threaded biggish bolts really. Got three bolts, washers and nylock nuts for £2 🤦🏼‍♂️ So bought a set of jump leads at £25 as well to give him a few £ profit at something.

It's stores like that that need the support when people can, you never know when you'll need them there to pull you out of a hole!!