PMG Autocare

dartagnan

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi Q7
I suspect I am preaching to the converted here but!
I recently bought a new Audi Q7 from a dealership in England and drove it back here. When I collected the car it was gorgeous and all nice and shiny in Daytona Grey.
I have had some very serious health issues in the past few years and consider myself extremely fortunate to be alive. Hence treating myself to a luxury car. Because of those issues I got the car on PCP, but wanted a ceramic coating putting on it in order to make it easier to maintain. I now no longer have the stamina to be able to do a proper wash, polish wax etc but will be able to at least wash it.
Being the cheapskate that I am I originally decided to go for the Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light with Exo over it working on the principle that I didn't need the 9 year warranty of the Ultra. In the end I followed my new mantra of 'we are only here once' and went for the Ultra at what is in reality not a huge step up cost wise.
I dropped it off at PMG Autocare on Tuesday and collected it today as pre arranged. I thought they had swapped the car lol. It was stunning! It looked a different colour. There was a deep gloss with a shine that reflected everything and anything anywhere you looked at it and the pearl paint really popped. On the drive home I could see the reflection of the car in front on my bonnet and when I overtook a lorry it was reflected as clear as day on the bonnet. When my wife returned home she said she could see the shine on the car from a couple of hundred yards away! We are going to the west of Ireland tomorrow for the weekend and fortunately the weather forecast is for appalling rain. Oh how I am looking forward to the rain and watching it just magically disappear off the car. With a bit of luck I won't need to use the wipers :joy:
Now the purpose of this post is not to boast about my new car but to highly recommend Pete and Steven from PMG Autocare in Belfast. Pete has done a truly magnificent piece of work on the car at a very reasonable cost for improving the appearance of the car immensely. I am so so pleased I changed my mind and went for the Gtechnic Ultra and more importantly chose Pete at PMG Autocare to detail the car. If you are sitting on the fence of whether to get a ceramic coating or not I wholeheartedly suggest getting Pete to work his magic with the Gtechnic Ultra on your car, you won't be disappointed.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Lovely thread and nice to hear someone speaking well of local businesses.

Hope the health continues to stay in the positive side but one unfortunate note....

giphy.gif

No photos?

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I have used PMG for quite a few years now, picking up my new car next week and it will be getting a ceramic treatment by Pete before this. This will be my first experience of the ceramic coating and I’m looking forward to seeing the results even more now following your comments.

All the best with your new Q7, Daytona is a stunning colour.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I've had two cars ceramic coated by PMG and was very impressed by both. The guys are always easy going and informative as well as happy to stand and chat about cars.

Any time I have called in there is always a few tasty motors worth looking at in too which is a bonus.

20170901_010600_IMG_4643.JPG
20180613_211719_IMG_6751.JPG

Reno_LV

RMS Photographer
Drives
Honda S2000
@big_pete is a legend.Their knowledge and quality is phenomenal. You can spot a person who wants to be popular and pretends to know sh*t and one that actually does know sh*t from miles. My s2k was prepped 4 years ago and coated and still makes maintenance so easy and the original shine is still there each time you wash it. Anybody ever considering it - get it done!
BA755ACA-8A12-4A65-BB78-503A9CAED89F.jpeg
EC9F3E66-C14A-4F89-AAAC-850AFADA2B64.jpeg

And now 4 years in:

E623BF52-4DFB-4359-B9CA-2429986C23F0.jpeg
67FC0BAE-D40A-4E28-B217-CCBAA2CE3ACE.jpeg
2D77643C-8EEC-497D-B714-88722E2503E1.jpeg

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Called into today with the boys inPmg Autocare enquiringly about the ceramic coating for this gti I have bought. Very knowledgeable men who couldn’t have been nicer to talk to

They are currently doing my Tiguan which is only a few weeks old and I know it will come back a different car.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
First used Pete a number of years ago when he was based in Parkgate and before ceramic coatings where even a thing.

Parkgate days;

0F94A269-8063-46CA-BF0A-E16BE3B04B3A.jpeg

Blackstaff Way with old school signage;

9DE22E30-3DE6-4494-A4F9-4D85BD263216.jpeg

BEAED1FD-DB29-4E67-8F53-3F40EBCB8807.jpeg

E848EE73-456D-40E8-A346-E7B03F8FD5D1.jpeg

Premises may have changed but I’ve always had brilliant service.

Can’t see the Yaris getting the same treatment lol.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Still have @big_pete as ‘Prepworkz’ in my phone lol. Was this back when you where working outta
Your garage?

F5239CFC-4457-4810-B920-9C3635DD1137.jpeg

Loved that ep3, had it back before everyone and their mate had one.

Sad it’s still the only car I’ve had the £££ free to get a pro to treat the paint. One day the zed will get the PMG Treatment

nathanlr

RMS Regular
Drives
GR YARIS
Will be asking PMG to collect every new car we have!

Attachments

• IMG_3804.JPG
    IMG_3804.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 189