Police investigate film of boy driving lorry on motorway

Joe 90

RMS Regular
The tractor runs need looked at now as well. Cabs with about 6 people in them. No cabs and 3 or 4 hanging on. Driving through red lights etc.
Only a matter of time till someone gets hurt. I bet the half of them is only insured for agriculture use and not runs.

mayweather

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 Evolution
Gotta say I've drove lorries at that age in big yards and private lanes, If they kids been about them alot that probably made his day so child cruelty is a piss take..

Shouldn't have been on the motorway, but a serious fine and or points should be dished out.. shouldn't be jailed or lose the license that's the man's life and family income.

My opinion on it...

Why not? He’s a lorry driver who knows the ramifications of committing road traffic offences....

My opinion on this is so very much different, that child should be put into care.

In my experience from growing up boozing in country pubs, it was always lorry drivers who risked it driving home full at the weekend. I never understood why they done it when they very job depended on it.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Does it bring the whole profession under question ? Is that the sort of chap that can get a lorry test ? Or be employed by a company/representing on the road.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
^ There's a high chance if either of these two clowns get to court that they'll just use the hardship excuse that tugs at the heart strings of most judges and get away with points and a fine.. If either drive again it should really be extended tests for all categories after a long ban

Who the hell would employ them after is probably down to the more unscrupulous operators

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I wouldn't say so. That's like saying the medical profession is under question if Harold Shipman can become a doctor. There are plenty of lorry drivers out there who are probably outraged at the actions of these two inbreds and don't appreciate being tarnished by their actions.

Artoir

RMS Regular
Drives
V8/V6
I wouldn't say so. That's like saying the medical profession is under question if Harold Shipman can become a doctor. There are plenty of lorry drivers out there who are probably outraged at the actions of these two inbreds and don't appreciate being tarnished by their actions.

You would think other drivers of all people would want them off the road so as not to further tarnish the profession but apparently not...

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
why should it. there's balloons in all walks of life!

ye it wasn’t a statement was more a question. But suppose the job has had a fair bit of bad publicity recently with different issues. And that’s only what’s been caught on.
but as said true to all walks of life.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Screenshot_20200914_220818.jpg

combergti

RMS Regular
Drives
mk6 golf gti
The tractor runs need looked at now as well. Cabs with about 6 people in them. No cabs and 3 or 4 hanging on. Driving through red lights etc.
Only a matter of time till someone gets hurt. I bet the half of them is only insured for agriculture use and not runs.

My tractor insurance specifically states I don't have cover for road runs. Doesn't worry me as I have better things to be at.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I never understood why they done it when they very job depended on it.

I think you vastly underestimate the amount of boozy work drivers out there. When I was doing courier work, the amount of drivers in the mornings in various depots reeking of drink would scare you.
And never once did employers do any checks etc.

And certainly never seen the law do any checks. Although the dippers could often be nearby checking for red diesel. #drunkdriversdontmatter

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
I think you vastly underestimate the amount of boozy work drivers out there. When I was doing courier work, the amount of drivers in the mornings in various depots reeking of drink would scare you.
And never once did employers do any checks etc.

And certainly never seen the law do any checks. Although the dippers could often be nearby checking for red diesel. #drunkdriversdontmatter

There are 5592 miles of road in Northern Ireland - if you haven't happened to have to seen checks on your commute/routes, don't be so close minded as to assume that is the case everywhere. I've seen them being done, I've also been stopped and breathalysed myself a few times though never had alcohol in my system.

They average 2700-3000 prosecutions per year for drink driving so obviously someone is checking - that's 50 drivers every week in a relatively small land mass.