Police officer suing victims of car theft for personal injury

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
That's wild, surely the injury on duty awards should go through NIPB not victims insurance companies

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
Psni need to make a stand and suspend or sack such spineless staff...

Hell you are a cop, expect to get rammed, injured, shot at, or killed in your line of work

Sgt_Major

RMS Regular
OP
Sgt_Major
Drives
E81 123d
If they are injured, I see no issue with making a claim for compensation. It's the target of that claim that's the problem here for me. The Victim should never be an easy target, make the claims against their work insurance. I'd imagine they maybe do, but then see this as another opportunity to get a load of cash.

Gavlar

RMS Regular
If they are injured, I see no issue with making a claim for compensation. It's the target of that claim that's the problem here for me. The Victim should never be an easy target, make the claims against their work insurance. I'd imagine they maybe do, but then see this as another opportunity to get a load of cash.
Sure hundreads of officers are putting in hearing loss claims, and quite a few are found to be perfectly ok! Sad thing is that it's cheaper to just pay out than fight it too...

Graham

RMS Photographer
Drives
Press Cars
They neec to keep a hold of someone elses wife somehow lol

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
So, say you get mugged for you phone and a cop chases the thief and falls over and hurts himself, are you then liable because he was trying to retrieve your property?

Sgt_Major

RMS Regular
OP
Sgt_Major
Drives
E81 123d
So, say you get mugged for you phone and a cop chases the thief and falls over and hurts himself, are you then liable because he was trying to retrieve your property?

Probably not, because you're not insured in that scenario. They'd have to sue you directly, which they probably cant do. but going after your insurance is another matter.

Scuba Steve

RMS Regular
Drives
S3/V4S/X5/R
that my friend is a load of balloxs! it seems like this place is turning into america - soon youll be getting sued for fartin in public!

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
Probably not, because you're not insured in that scenario. They'd have to sue you directly, which they probably cant do. but going after your insurance is another matter.

But say you have phone insurance or home contents that covers items out of the home, theoretically they could claim against that.

brendy

RMS Regular
Repost to be sure but it is a scandal that a police officer who signed on the line knowing full well what is involved in policing in the UK, can then go and attempt to sue an innocent bystander, victim actually.

pablo

RMS Moderator
I havent read it all but is it more a case of the PSNI trying to recover some costs from the owners insurance company rather than a personal attack on the owner. Owners insurance will already be f**ked anyway due to the car being likely wrote off.

brendy

RMS Regular
I havent read it all but is it more a case of the PSNI trying to recover some costs from the owners insurance company rather than a personal attack on the owner. Owners insurance will already be f**ked anyway due to the car being likely wrote off.
Not if you are claiming from the MIB.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Merged threads

Cheers, on the phone so didn't spot it.

I've a novel idea. Sue the criminal. Or is that just too silly ? Or how about the victim sues the police for not preventing their car being stolen, and for any damage caused. This is why car insurance is criminal too, it allows **** like this to happen. Innocent victims treated like scum again, and to have money stolen or extorted from them

And people think I'm nuts when I rant about crap like this.

Sgt_Major

RMS Regular
OP
Sgt_Major
Drives
E81 123d

It's an individual officer taking a private case against the car owners insurance

DEEJAY.B

RMS Regular
Drives
AUDI A4 Advant .
In this scenario its probably cheaper to lie and say
you have no insurance (car taken from driveway).

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.