Police officer suing victims of car theft for personal injury

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

jimcupra

RMS Regular
Then the corrupt psni constables are at fault for deliberately ramming the car, there are other ways to stop a vehicle. Or maybe they done it just to get a few grand out of a whipper claim, which would be closer to the truth.
I base all this on my dealings with our corrupt police force who I took to court and beat.

Marc

RMS Moderator
Then the corrupt psni constables are at fault for deliberately ramming the car, there are other ways to stop a vehicle. Or maybe they done it just to get a few grand out of a whipper claim, which would be closer to the truth.
I base all this on my dealings with our corrupt police force who I took to court and beat.

Yawn...

Thats like saying all Taxi drivers are **** drivers. You get some good folk, you get some bad. It applies to all walks of life, including police/ministers/judges/dog walkers, coffee baristas, bank employees.

jimcupra

RMS Regular
Bit like mods on rms
giphy.gif

Yawn...

Thats like saying all Taxi drivers are **** drivers. You get some good folk, you get some bad. It applies to all walks of life, including police/ministers/judges/dog walkers, coffee baristas, bank employees.

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3

The police car was rammed by the stolen car. Not the other way about.

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
No matter what way some immoral people try and twist it, the criminal should be the one targeted for any compensation. End of story.

Since I'm now immoral apparently, I'll play devils advocate with you.

So using the exact same law if you were walking along the side of the road and a stolen car hit you leaving you with severe medical bills for which the driver was later caught and sentenced.

You are saying that to pay your immediate an ongoing medical and care needs you are going to get the criminal who in all likelihood has no financial assets, to pay. LOL good luck (y)

You under no circumstances would take the money of the insurance company even though the law was set up so that people in your now circumstance wouldn't be left without, even though you hate insurance companies, even though the person who insurance it was is highly unlikely to be affected other than knowing it come from their insurance.

And by the way as already said if the criminal actually has any financial assets the insurance company will chase them down through the courts. Maybe you'd prefer to take on the legal battle yourself instead of letting the corrupt insurance company do it.

No one disagrees that the criminal should be targeted for all costs but you seem to neglect common sense and reality of actually achieving this. Just saying it should be the case isn't going to pay a penny of any bill in the real world.

Last edited:

rollinstone

RMS Regular
Drives
Old man car
Yes the insurance system is the one at fault here, at the end of the day it's not like officers injured went hey let's screw over a victim of crime we just tried to get his stolen car back for. They would have went to a solicitor to get the required compensation and then they would have sorted it out.

if you are injured in a car accident and require medical treatment should you be expected to pay this while not at fault? No, why should a police officer be any different?

And for those who say the police is corrupt, are you serving or do you really know or is it just wild hearsay and war stories

therock

RMS Regular
This has been massively misrepresented.

The car owner does not get "sued" lol.

The injured officers claim as they are third parties (you know, like a third party insurance claim)

Next, the insurance company pays out

Then the insurance company reclaim said losses from the criminal driving the car.

The exact same happens if said stolen car hits your car.

Sure, it's crap for the owner of the car as their premium is likely to go up, but to make sensationalist headlines that are wildly misconstrued is just pathetic

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.