I thought this euro style crap went out of fashion ages ago

Nicky

RMS Regular
Drives
HiluxSurf
So he says but a now deleted post of his claims “the car barely rubs”

“It’s completely standard, officer, honest...” 😂

BBA5D894-6597-4AAD-99AC-7D84EEC51B68.jpeg

Hell slap it up them and their broken pieces of crap.

As for lifting the cars by the wheels, I’d say it was no different to any other ‘street lifter’ style vehicle lift:

BC244D3F-DF9B-4988-9E0A-B32E24172FD8.jpeg

A0E47F03-A3F7-4426-A4C7-67BFEDA7479E.jpeg

Zee Germans do not **** about when it comes to confiscating motors, so the scene kids haven’t really a leg to stand on considering the cars aren’t road legal out there.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
I'll just be honest... if I was driving to Germany I would never think to check if my car was legal there or not. Wouldn't have a clue. I wouldn't even think I would have needed to look it up. Wouldn't have crossed my mind.

Last edited:

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Oh, and the Dubshed bashing nonsense has started now too! Need more Jap scene dorifto style, fibreglass and fake carbon tat :p

To be fair I'd love to drive over to Worthersee, but think it'd be more hassle than its worth. No mad tyre stretch or wheels sticking out at driving height (same as standard driving height) on mine. But I'd say the air and engine bay would bother them though.

Chris666

RMS Regular
Drives
Often
My fully road legal and MOTable exhaust system on bike, would get my bike seized in Germany as would the cruise control, screen, luggage system and definitely my adjustable brake/clutch levers. Bikers can't change a brake/clutch lever/screen/exhaust and any amount of other parts on bikes without it being TUV approved, with paperwork.

Gotta respect the laws of the country you're in, I also will not be going to Germany 😂

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Oh yea fully agree. Some of the German police stuff is comical all the same.

About 5mins 30s into this video:

It's Cologne too. They're more bothered by a Skoda with red shocks than a lad who's pissed driving a van! Rules is rules is rules, but there has to be a point when people sit back, look at it and realise that a lot of it is total bull****.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Tbh that looks pretty extreme. I never had any bother when I was living in Berlin but that was a long time ago now. I remember a Scottish lad in work had a vectra gsi that was lowered with Carlos fandango wheels and he spent a clean fortune getting it through the Tuv a the papers updated. IIRC it was 3k dm to get it done in 2001.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
I'll just be honest... if I was driving to Germany I wouldn't never think to check if my car was legal there or not. Wouldn't have a clue. I wouldn't even think I would have needed to look it up. Wouldn't have crossed my mind.

Looking at the pictures, I don't see how that POS green Merc could ever be legal anywhere other than some states in the US where they check absolutely nothing.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Looking at the pictures, I don't see how that POS green Merc could ever be legal anywhere other than some states in the US where they check absolutely nothing.

Was thinking the same, seeing how those tyres "fit" on the rim, etc...

That said, it also looks like the police have pushed everything to the extreme to make their own point. I'm sure the suspension would never sit that low actually charged with air, for example. Not like there aren't plenty of production cars with air suspension, like every SUV and most estates... It's not inherently unsafe by itself.

Likewise the rub marks look like having been caused by the car being rolled around while sitting like that, again could have been while in custody or just to make their own point.

If the guy actually ran the car like that then he deserves everything, no way it would pass an MoT the way it is in those pictures. Or at least not a "proper" MoT, in England MoT has literally no meaning at all.

Just saying things are not always what they appear on facetube, there's only ever part of the story and all that.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
I wouldn't have thought to check about legalities like that either. That means if I were to take the Porsche to the ring there is a chance I could have it confiscated on the way there? There's no one single half assed or cheap mod on my car but under those rules it could be taken. Mental

scub

Banned
Good to see. couldn't lift enough of those pathetic looking sh1te boxes off the road.
that 70's urinal coloured merc thing needs to go directly to the bin ! 👍

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I wouldn't have thought to check about legalities like that either. That means if I were to take the Porsche to the ring there is a chance I could have it confiscated on the way there? There's no one single half assed or cheap mod on my car but under those rules it could be taken. Mental

It is a nightmare and so easy to get caught out. TUV approval is now required by other countries as well, like Denmark. Some European countries ban, or are trying to/planning to ban, any deviation from OEM spec. Does not necessarily mean you have to use OEM parts, just that you can't deviate from OEM spec.

We like to think something that's deemed "safe" in one country applies across the union, but that is only true for EU type approval, which obviously only applies to OEM spec.

Germany allow you to deviate from OEM spec, the place is full of tuning houses after all. But any safety critical aftermarket components (brakes, suspension, etc.) must have TUV approval for safety. It's not a quality seal as such, it's a safety test that the component won't fail and cause accidents.

Most reputable components you can buy in the UK will have TUV approval just because the UK market alone isn't large enough. But all the cheap Chinese ebay specials almost certainly don't have any type approval at all. They just sell lumps of metal without liability, just one reason why they are so cheap.

It's like with most things though, it all depends if you draw attention to yourself or not.

Both the examples in this thread, the owners really pretty much did put big neon signs up pointing at themselves.

Last edited:

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
That said, it also looks like the police have pushed everything to the extreme to make their own point. I'm sure the suspension would never sit that low actually charged with air, for example. Not like there aren't plenty of production cars with air suspension, like every SUV and most estates... It's not inherently unsafe by itself.

Except those will have been fully tried, tested and approved under pretty much all circumstances to function normally and safely.

Not installed by blind morons on a whim and used in a wholly inappropriate manner. It is harsh for them...but they really did bring it onto themselves.

But the tyre aspect alone, should see dangerous driving charges ( nevermind suspension alignment/geometry )