polish and wax after respray?

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Best to ask the painter

But, there isn’t a car that isn’t polished/compounded after paint by the bodyshop

J55NI

RMS Regular
OP
J
Best to ask the painter

But, there isn’t a car that isn’t polished/compounded after paint by the bodyshop

Its more the ceramic wax I have that I use myself I am wondering if its ok to use now. I have been asked to clean it while the guy is away on holidays here so I cant even get in touch to see who painted it to find out :/

adzy

RMS Regular
Drives
Glanza V
I was told by the painter to leave my bonnet 3 months before waxing after it was sprayed

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
You can polish it, as they bodyshop flat and polish but you don't want to put a carnauba based wax or sealant on it for 6 weeks. Actual ceramic coatings are fine after 72hours as they are gas permiable but waxes aren't. Ceramic wax is just a marketing term lol

J55NI

RMS Regular
OP
J
You can polish it, as they bodyshop flat and polish but you don't want to put a carnauba based wax or sealant on it for 6 weeks. Actual ceramic coatings are fine after 72hours as they are gas permiable but waxes aren't. Ceramic wax is just a marketing term lol

Thanks pete, Would a quick detailer be ok to use then after the polish stage for now?