Polish to apply by hand

davyk31

RMS Regular
What's the best polish nowadays to use by hand? Don't polish a lot but handy to have for the odd spot tidy up or when I have time give the car a run over. Generally use the default Autoglym Super Resin but the bottle I have has gone runny and I assume is past its best. Was going to buy another SRP but thought I should ask for recommendations first.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Call in and see me and I’ll get you sorted.

Autobrite Cherry Glaze or Carbanuba are both really good traditional liquid polish type products, but I would recommend moving to a spray sealant type product like Gyeon Cure or even something like Autobrite Project 64 or Anachem Hybrid.

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
Thanks Graeme. Have Hybrid ok which is good stuff but wanting something that can sort light swirls or maybe tidy a bird hit if it’s not cleaned off quickly enough. That was why I was using the Autoglym SRP so far.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Lots of detailers turn their noses up at it, but Naviwax is brilliant and hides lots of swirls.

Its still one of our best selling products.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
What's the best polish nowadays to use by hand? Don't polish a lot but handy to have for the odd spot tidy up or when I have time give the car a run over. Generally use the default Autoglym Super Resin but the bottle I have has gone runny and I assume is past its best. Was going to buy another SRP but thought I should ask for recommendations first.

My SRP went runny ages ago and am still using it 😂
Lots of detailers turn their noses up at it, but Naviwax is brilliant and hides lots of swirls.

Its still one of our best selling products.

Do all these sort of things just mask the swirls and not actually fix them, like SRP?

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Haven't used it in a while but 50 cal do a filler glaze, worked alright when I tried it but was dead easy to do.

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
Loads of suggestions thanks.

Cars are white and sapphire blue. My wife’s M135i is also blue but it’s has a ceramic coating so won’t be polishing it. Something with a bit of fillers for any light swirls is the job. I have a DA which has never been out of the box in 18 months so maybe should get round to using that. If only I was on furlough to give me more cleaning time lol.

Mickylad

RMS Regular
Drives
M2Comp/i3
For hand application, it really is hard to beat Autoglym SRP for ease of application and buffing off.

For white, top it off with Poorboys White Diamond Glaze for that extra shine.

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
For actual polishes:
AutoFinesse Triple
Valeting Products VP3
Meguiars Ultimate Compound
Jeffs Werkstatt
All manageable by hand and will remove light marks
To hide :
PoorBoys Black Hole or White Diamond
50 Cal Filler Glaze
Fireglaze

Most hard waxes will help hide light swirls, and Naviwax / Fusso are probably the easiest applied and most durable

Turks

RMS Regular
Drives
Passat/Impreza
For hiding swirls by hand I would be using autoglym srp or 50 cal filler glaze.
Edit just seen you have a da, use any of them two products with it and it will do a far better job.

Vw86

RMS Regular
Would it be ok put a ceramic wax over the tops of something like tripple polish? How durable is it?