Polo GTI

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
Up your game this time 😂 OJ... good luck with your search. And I’m sure you’ll make it just as Awsome

lee_9n3

RMS Member
Drives
9n3 GTI
Lovely build @sam_9n.

I’m looking at FMIC for my own 9n3, which did you go for in the end? Did you have to do any fabrication to make it fit?

PieMan1

RMS Regular
No chance of an S3 Intercooler fitting a 9N3. 9N3 Wise its either a seat sport style from a Ibiza Cupra 6L see below

Some guys do a welly cooler like this
1696339823322.png

all depends on power levels really. anything 300/350 just go seat sport twinpass set up.

sam_9n

RMS Regular
OP
sam_9n
Lovely build @sam_9n.

I’m looking at FMIC for my own 9n3, which did you go for in the end? Did you have to do any fabrication to make it fit?

S3 intercooler above, no mission of it fitting and probably more restrictive than a welly cooler setup tbf.

Above also not great saying twin pass. Known to be restrictive on these motors from ‘stage 2’ upwards.

Best bet for minimal trimming etc is below. Single pass is what you want, BAM intake manifold and BAM charge pipe as they will allow the single pass setup. I went with a smaller race battery (lighter and smaller(

I’ll check my phone for better photos of how I attached the cooler to a length of alloy bar, I spaced the rad pack towards the engine also by 10mm to allow the top of the cooler to sit behind the crash bar.

lee_9n3

RMS Member
Drives
9n3 GTI
Yeah that S3 setup looks far to big and doubt there would be enough airflow to make full use of it. Thanks non the less @Boydie.

@sam_9n Yeah single pass is the goal, not a fan of the twin pass in general and it’s routing. The BAM setup looks a lot better imo and like you say, far less restrictive.

Appreciate it, looking forward to seeing how you did it!