Poorly Written Sales Ads

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
You'd think when selling a car for £115k a seller would put a little effort into the sales ad. Check this description out for a Murcielago Roadster for sale locally, which is the polar opposite of Hollybrook's efforts:

http://www.usedcarsni.com/96470990

2 Doors, Manual 6 speed, Roadster, Petrol, 10,000 miles, Metallic Yellow. Anti-lock Braking System, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Anti theft system, Colour coding - Body, Colour coding - Interior, Driver airbag, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Full Service History, Leather seats, Leather upholstery, Immobiliser, Power assisted steering, Radio/CD, Spoiler, Sports seats, Traction control, Sports Suspension

Jason

RMS Regular
I absolutly HATE copy and pasters when reading adverts!! Is there some generic site where you bang in the reg and copy and paste? lol I dont even read them!

brendy

RMS Regular
(in the style of the floyd) Oi Kicker, leave them tyres alone.....
No-Tire-Kickers1.gif

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
(in the style of the floyd) Oi Kicker, leave them tyres alone.....
No-Tire-Kickers1.gif

Obviously I have no intention of buying it, I was just browsing UCNI and the 'Lamborghini' drop down attracted my attention.

Rocko got a hard enough time on here for his poorly written sales ad for a £3k BMW, not a £115k Lamborghini!

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
I think that is a perfect advert for that type of car to be honest ...... i dont want to know what special polish the owner used and at what time of the moons cycle they used they used it ...... ill be judging the condition of a car of that price myself and dont care what a sales man tells me.

To be fair, its all you need to know spec wise before getting in contact with the seller to discuss the car properly or going to see it.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
To be fair, its all you need to know spec wise before getting in contact with the seller to discuss the car properly or going to see it.

Personally, I would like to see all the factory options the car has, a decent interior shot, number of owners and the dates of each service. That's even for real life stuff that I would be buying - not lottery win cars like this!

Stating the car has a spoiler, color coded bumpers, radio/CD, traction control, driver airbag and electric mirrors aren't exactly helping to sell it!

mrloaf

RMS Regular
Drives
Swedes
lets face it, if you were in the market for a yellow lambo roadster with a budget of £115k, that advert is not going to put you off.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
OP
Woodcutter
lets face it, if you were in the market for a yellow lambo roadster with a budget of £115k, that advert is not going to put you off.

True, it's not like there's a huge choice of them, especially here in NI, but an ad like that isn't going to help get someone over from GB for it.

Mind you, people with the cash for such cars would probably just send somone else to view it for them!

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Personally, I would like to see all the factory options the car has, a decent interior shot, number of owners and the dates of each service. That's even for real life stuff that I would be buying - not lottery win cars like this!

Id consider that stuff to discuss with them one - on - one and interrogate in detail.

If I bought a 115k car I wouldnt want people to be able to google it and find out everything about it from a for sales advert. Discreetness might be key when dealing with these sorts of cars.

stevyg

RMS Regular
The only things in that ad I want to know that are of any significance are the miles and service history. The rest- Alloys, anti-theft system, TC, sports suspension etc is a given.

'petrol' :rolleyes: wtf? Really?

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
At least there's some text in that ad.

This went up today on the RS Focus owners club. Who's going to pay £20k+ for a Mk2 Focus RS based on this? No pictures or frig all.

Fw 60reg up for Sale p/plate , offers

Yup, that's it. I haven't left anything out.

RCT

RMS Regular
I don't know why your getting so hyped up about it tbh. That is a dealer listing an add and when you are up loading adds to ucni it gives you the options to click on, so that it lists if the car has power steering, central locking etc in the add.
Autotrader is the same.

As much as the time the likes of holly brook spend writing there adds I don't really read them through as I get board half way through. If your after something you usually do your research and then go and look at the car. Bullet points are fine IMO for finer details of the car eg. has it aircon.

I'd hate to be selling that lambo over here, as there would be some serious tyre kicking enquiries!!

Aidan316i

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34 525i Spo
Almost as good as the ad's that say stupid things like

"Car needs nothing......but could do with slight TLC"

or even:

"Car only needs £50 to get it through MOT"

WELL THEN SPEND THE £50 FFS!

or:

"If I was keeping the car, i'd paint the front and rear bumpers to remove the scuff's and chips"

Jesus wept....

Gaz

This space available for rent
Drives
M4 Comp Pack
There's a particular seller on eBay, I forget their name now, but they take about 100 high-res photos of every car they sell from every angle showing door jams, shutlines, engine, etc. Very detailed. I agree that ultimately you can only make your mind up by actually seeing the car in the flesh, but if the car is a big distance away then its at least easier to gauge the condition of the car by looking at 100+ highres pics as opposed to 2 or 3 ones taken with an iPhone or the like, before you go and commit a few hundred quid to travel.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.