Porsche 718 GT4 - thoughts on colour?

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
Had a customer in today that is collecting his Gentian Blue Spyder next week. His sounds pretty close to how I specced mine on the configurator so I'm just a tad jealous... Says he will drop by to let me see it, will throw up a photo if he does.

Martyn

RMS Regular
OP
Martyn
Nice choice - that’s a car I’d keep forever!

I’ll let you know in a few years...

For the first time ever I have bought another car for my winter commute to work. The GT4 will be designed to summer duties only.

soupz

RMS Regular
Drives
Boxster S
I’ll let you know in a few years...

For the first time ever I have bought another car for my winter commute to work. The GT4 will be designed to summer duties only.

Something similar to my customer, he has always just ran the Boxster on its own, but bought a brand new car from me this week as a runabout for the Spyder!

Martyn

RMS Regular
OP
Martyn
Something similar to my customer, he has always just ran the Boxster on its own, but bought a brand new car from me this week as a runabout for the Spyder!

It’s a last nod to the normally aspirated engine. The chancellor will increase taxes and we will all be driving electric in the next 3/4 years. I’m going to love driving a feck off 4l car for 6 months of the year.

I’ll give you lot a laugh - the first year road tax on a 2020 718 GT4 is.....

£2500!

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
It’s a last nod to the normally aspirated engine. The chancellor will increase taxes and we will all be driving electric in the next 3/4 years. I’m going to love driving a feck off 4l car for 6 months of the year.

I’ll give you lot a laugh - the first year road tax on a 2020 718 GT4 is.....

£2500!

I'm struggling to feel sorry for you😉

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I think you should! I am not a millionaire but have a huge soft spot for Porsche. I’m only going to drive it for 6k a year just a laugh the tax imposed

Ok then, if you pop down and take me for a drive when you get it I promise to feel sorry for you😁

Out of curiosity, are their interest rates still crazy? To be honest this is what was out pricing me, retail price of the car was similar to others I had bought, but Porsche' lack negotiation on pricing and high interest rates ruled them out for me.

davyk31

RMS Regular
You don’t need to take Porsche finance as there are plenty of other options with much lower rates. However their rates have come down a bit although maybe still 2% too high. They do also seem to have bumped up their residual values which has the effect of lowering the monthly but increasing interest cost and also eating into your equity depending on how much deposit you put down.

riano

RMS Regular
Drives
C63s coupe
+1 on Porsche interest rates. When i was buying my 911 Porsche had an almost identically specced car in stock, it was about 10/11k more than mine, their residual was about 5k less than the deal I ended up getting and my APR was 4% lower than their quote - in fact I got lower APR on a used car than Porsche give on brand new cars! So overall the cost would have been astronomically more going with Porsche.

They love to trot out the line about more ‘equity’ in the car at the end but always seemed a bit lost for words when I said all that meant was that I was effectively overpaying every month and had money tied up in a Porsche that could have been spent/saved elsewhere.

davyk31

RMS Regular
@riano who did you use for a good rate on a used car? Not all companies want to finance used stuff at decent rates. Apr on most manufactures used products is much too high.

riano

RMS Regular
Drives
C63s coupe
@davyk31 I used magnitude finance. It was Alphera (BMW) that ended up providing the finance. After speaking to magnitude they upped the residual and lowered the APR from their initial quote. Ended up getting the 911 for less than a new C63S coupe would have cost me. I’ll always use magnitude for finance going forward now.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Thanks for that. Clydesdale bank also finance a lot of Porsches and offer good rates. Residuals less than Porsche but that’s because Porsche seem to have bumped those up to lower the monthly payment which will attract some but eats your deposit come exit time.

Martyn

RMS Regular
OP
Martyn
Been watching Onsessed Garage’s buying experience and detailing of his blue GT4...
Give probably seen it but if you Havnt I’m sure it will interest you...looks amazing

Watching it with interest. It’s funny that he more or less ordered his car the same day as me - and has now taken delivery. I still have a two month wait.

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Good vid and as much as I’m super fussy I’d feel a bit of a tit doing that myself, yes I’d possibly get a detailer to go there and do the process for me but myself, nope.

Cooper

Site Manager
Drives
C63 / Emira
The new 4.0 GTS seems to be a real corker as well, many column inches dedicated to it. As others have said can't wait to see this.

m5lvyn

RMS Regular
Drives
GT4
I love Matt at obsessed garage, been watching since his f80 m3. Living the dream!
Nice spec @Martyn.

Good to see the manual box & 918's in there.

Bizarrely (to me anyway) I'm seeing others spec GT4's with the pdk and comfort seats. At that point the GTS 4.0 would be a better daily car if that's the intention.

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
I love Matt at obsessed garage, been watching since his f80 m3. Living the dream!
Nice spec @Martyn.

Bizarrely (to me anyway) I'm seeing others spec GT4's with the pdk and comfort seats. At that point the GTS 4.0 would be a better daily car if that's the intention.

Yea bern watching myself for last year or so...very easy to listen to...

Loved his series on his e92 M3

Martyn

RMS Regular
OP
Martyn
Nice spec @Martyn.

PDK has only become a option for GB GT4’s in the last two weeks. I agree entirely about the seats, the car needs the carbon buckets.

The GT4 is a very different car chassis wise compared to the GTS.

This review seems the sum it up pretty well...