gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Brilliant photos and video.

Sounds great!

Cheers lol, the video is great, just not so sure about me rambling sh1te about why I bought a 996 😂 Actually cringe at the sound of my voice on video, and don’t realise how messed up my accent has got until I hear it back and think to myself “where the fck is he even from?” 😂

That moving shot is unreal! Like something out of the brochure when it was new :heart_eyes:

Lol, to get that shot he was hanging out the back door of her dads Freelander 😂 Some amount of work in taking photos!

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
handy wee vid on changing the IMS bearing if it was something you thought of tackling. Looks alright

Aye it seems an easy enough job really, and was maybe going to take the engine out over winter anyways to do the brake pipe above it, couple of coolant pipes and the air/oil separator.
Could easy do it then, but from what I've read if its not giving any bother don't touch it. The early ones seem to be a bit better as well going by failures reported, and oil sample came back as being fine with no signs of it breaking down.

Think I'll drive away at it, keep it well serviced and keep getting the oil samples done. Any sign of it failing its off to Hartech for a complete rebuild and 3.7 conversion.

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Done the brakes today in prep for track on Sunday. Giving Brembo HP2000 a go this time, someone in owners club has used them in countless trackdays and says they're fine so we'll see.

Also stuck in some Goodridge braided lines while I was in there, only ever used HEL before but these seem the same great quality.

Only thing left now is to fill and bleed the RBF600 fluid.

Unfortunately I'm stuck with the Pirelli P Zero tyres for now so no doubt be a good few spins 😂

20201007_113937.jpg
20201007_154108.jpg

Ben P

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW F33/A6C7
Looks well Gav. Did you remove the vid, I can't seem to see it !?

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Nice wee vid, that last clip is on the way up to the windy gap I assume? Great roads around there.

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
You all set for Sunday gav?

Yep, fluid turned up today so brakes all bled up nicely there. Just the coolant to vacuum bleed now to be 100% sure all air locks are out.

Think the tyres will let me down on Sunday, the P Zero are rubbish but it is what it is and will get some PS4S for it for next year.

Zach57

RMS Regular
Yep, fluid turned up today so brakes all bled up nicely there. Just the coolant to vacuum bleed now to be 100% sure all air locks are out.

Think the tyres will let me down on Sunday, the P Zero are rubbish but it is what it is and will get some PS4S for it for next year.
Have you decided on a set of wheels for it ?

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Have you decided on a set of wheels for it ?

If I change them, it'll be for the OZ Alleggeritas I posted earlier in the thread. More I see them the more I love them.

But I'm quite used to the wheels on it now, albeit they weigh a ton Maybe get them refurbed instead just for now and concentrate on coilovers short term.

Zach57

RMS Regular
I like the OZs, they suit 996s.
Spacers would help the look of the ones on it but that’s even more weight

Steve750

RMS Regular
Drives
750i
Cheers lol, the video is great, just not so sure about me rambling sh1te about why I bought a 996 😂 Actually cringe at the sound of my voice on video, and don’t realise how messed up my accent has got until I hear it back and think to myself “where the fck is he even from?” 😂

Reminded me of Donkey out of Grassmen haha
Exhaust sounds great