Porsche 911 Carrera 2

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
I was admiring this on your Instagram. I love the 996. My dad used to have a black C2 when they were new. I felt so cool being picked up from school in it.

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Well so much for tucking this up until April 😁
C63 is broken so had to get this out for a blast today, actually the first time I've driven it on my own for a proper raking. Still love it, not sure if it's the handling or the manual box, it's just great fun.

Going to start into getting together all suspension components/bushes etc and get them replaced, and possibly some Ohlins coilovers. Definitely needs buckets seats as the standard ones are fit for nothing, would have as much support sat on a box of beer ffs.

20191222_152725.jpg

20191222_152541.jpg

IMG_20191222_153120_502.jpg

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Im selling my supersport original seats from my Cayman Gav, although if your buying aftermarket seats id hughly recommend the recaro pole positions i put in mine

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Im selling my supersport original seats from my Cayman Gav, although if your buying aftermarket seats id hughly recommend the recaro pole positions i put in mine

I think Pole Positions are a strong contender, but really want the GT3 rep seats from design 911. I've heard they're a bit narrow though and with me expanding faster than a pregnant lady I'd like to sit in one first before ordering 😂

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Photo i took on the way to Junction 1 the other day, rude not to do a quick lap of the circuit

20191229_110815.jpg

="Tufty, post: 3586680, member: 371"]
@gav525 & @KeithRobinson both yours looked well on Sunday.

@KeithRobinson I spotted yours at McDee`s at Junction One it certainly stands out.

Cheers mate, good to see you again and get a look at the RS6, unreal 😍

Neil_M

RMS Regular
Lovely car that! I'd a good nosy round it at the Cars & Coffee.

I'd actually went to view it a few years ago!

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Tinkering about a few things this week so thought I'd update the thread with a few photos.

Started off with a set of RSS semi solid engine mounts which apparently make a great difference in the way power is put down, yet to drive it to see though. Also while in the engine bay I stuck on a new intake pipe which does away with the T pipe which goes to the resonator. Resonator also removed as apparently it was only installed to meet drive by noise requirements. Hopefully more noise.

20200206_132304.jpg

20200206_161907.jpg

Then started ripping the interior apart. Seats are being swapped to buckets as them standard ones are shocking and offer no support. I've went for the GT3 reps so hopefully I can wedge myself in alright, should be here tomorrow.

Seat belts have been sent off and will come back red.

Then removed the centre storage trays and installed the GT3 centre console delete which consists of a piece of plastic for in front of the gear gaiter and a piece of carpet. Dear at £150 but cleans it up and allows for more knee room.

And while everything was apart I changed the gear shift mechanism for a 997.2 GT3 item. Reason behind this was short shift kits don't get rated well, even the Porsche one. The standard 997 gear shift offers about 15% less throw which is an improvement, but it has plastic bushes. The GT3 offers the same 15% less throw, but has metal bushes, and is meant to be a nice solid shift. And it was only £100 dearer than the standard 997 so may as well.

Last time the interior will look like this

20200212_154850.jpg

20200212_155005.jpg

Can see the bushes in this photo, old one still fitted
20200214_125727.jpg

New one fitted and aligned
20200214_153849.jpg

Current interior state
20200214_165552.jpg

Finished today with a rear wiper delete to tidy the lines up a bit. Never gets used anyways.

20200214_164316.jpg

20200214_165227.jpg

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Tinkering about a few things this week so thought I'd update the thread with a few photos.

Started off with a set of RSS semi solid engine mounts which apparently make a great difference in the way power is put down, yet to drive it to see though. Also while in the engine bay I stuck on a new intake pipe which does away with the T pipe which goes to the resonator. Resonator also removed as apparently it was only installed to meet drive by noise requirements. Hopefully more noise.

View attachment 265804
View attachment 265802

Then started ripping the interior apart. Seats are being swapped to buckets as them standard ones are shocking and offer no support. I've went for the GT3 reps so hopefully I can wedge myself in alright, should be here tomorrow.

Seat belts have been sent off and will come back red.

Then removed the centre storage trays and installed the GT3 centre console delete which consists of a piece of plastic for in front of the gear gaiter and a piece of carpet. Dear at £150 but cleans it up and allows for more knee room.

And while everything was apart I changed the gear shift mechanism for a 997.2 GT3 item. Reason behind this was short shift kits don't get rated well, even the Porsche one. The standard 997 gear shift offers about 15% less throw which is an improvement, but it has plastic bushes. The GT3 offers the same 15% less throw, but has metal bushes, and is meant to be a nice solid shift. And it was only £100 dearer than the standard 997 so may as well.

Last time the interior will look like this

View attachment 265805
View attachment 265806

Can see the bushes in this photo, old one still fitted
View attachment 265803

New one fitted and aligned
View attachment 265807

Current interior state
View attachment 265801

Finished today with a rear wiper delete to tidy the lines up a bit. Never gets used anyways.

View attachment 265808
View attachment 265809

where did you get the Nice silver grommet? DIY?

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
where did you get the Nice silver grommet? DIY?

A guy in Greece mate via ebay. He makes little kits up with colour coded blank, sealing washers etc. It's bolted in from behind to pull it in tight to ensure a good seal. Was 20 odd quid I think.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
A guy in Greece mate via ebay. He makes little kits up with colour coded blank, sealing washers etc. It's bolted in from behind to pull it in tight to ensure a good seal. Was 20 odd quid I think.
Sounds exactly what I’m after. Have you a link?

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Sounds exactly what I’m after. Have you a link?

Yes mate, this should work below. He does all the Porsche colours so I’m sure could do anything you asked for