Porsche 911 Turbo

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
It’s like anything, the dream of owning something is usually through rose tinted glasses.

But it has defo sunk in for me, I’ve always aspired to own one and just feels awesome to have it!

Cracked out my new DA to bring some shine to the paint! Came up very well.

View attachment 229318

View attachment 229319

View attachment 229320

Going to send it to AG automotive to get the stone chips on the front end sorted. Then i’ll Give it the once over and apply gtechnic

What's the story with removing the centre locks, Keith? Don't they need crazy torque to put back on?

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
such a gorgeous car..... health to enjoy Keith.... out of interest did you did you consider or drive a GT3 ? i imagine they are probably similar (ish) money...

that will cover ground rather nicely i'm sure !!

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
such a gorgeous car..... health to enjoy Keith.... out of interest did you did you consider or drive a GT3 ? i imagine they are probably similar (ish) money...

that will cover ground rather nicely i'm sure !!

I did, however with the age of these now you have to either use cash or HP. And a good GT3 was another 10-15k, just a little too far at this point.

Plus should we grow the family, i’ll Welcome the rear seats of the 911.

On the road, it’s just a much more useable car too. Super comfortable and incredibly fast.

gixermark

RMS Regular
Drives
GT3, Jedi
got it....... i agree on the back seats... i always figured a GTx is a very expensive car to only be able to take +1 whereas the turbos etc are that bit more flexible - for the family wk end duties etc.. GTx is also a lot of $$ to track.. but that's likely where they come into their own.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Whats the future plans for this car Keith, weekend, sunny days, ring car? Do you plan on keeping this long term I presume?

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
Whats the future plans for this car Keith, weekend, sunny days, ring car? Do you plan on keeping this long term I presume?

Plan is to make it perfect. So it’s booked in with AG to tidy the paint (stone chips on bumpers etc). I have a new front splitter for it and GTS/GT2RS skirts.

Once I’m happy, I’ll use it daily where possible but park it over winter. I have a 5 mile commute so will probably use it most days.

Going to the ring in August, but I probably won’t track it, i’ll Hire a swift or something!

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Plan is to make it perfect. So it’s booked in with AG to tidy the paint (stone chips on bumpers etc). I have a new front splitter for it and GTS/GT2RS skirts.

Once I’m happy, I’ll use it daily where possible but park it over winter. I have a 5 mile commute so will probably use it most days.

Going to the ring in August, but I probably won’t track it, i’ll Hire a swift or something!

Drive it over but rent or just fly over and rent?

Sounds great, youll never lose money thats for sure. Looks a great example. Would love a spin in it.

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
Drive it over but rent or just fly over and rent?

Sounds great, youll never lose money thats for sure. Looks a great example. Would love a spin in it.

Driving it over with @Rob and hiring a car for the trackday. We're booked on the RSR trackday on 26th August.