Porsche 911 Turbo

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
When you seek perfection 🙏🏼

I wanted several front end stone chips sorted, there was a few light marks on the lower rear quarters and a mark on the right of the rear bumper. After showing Alan at AG and talking it through, we realised that to do it right you end up blowing colour back into the doors, and high up the quarters to blend.

Reality struck and Alan convinced it was the best route to go, so the car has ended up getting almost a full repaint (except the roof and decklid). Taking the panels back to bare metal for the best finish.

This coupled with new front splitter, rear splitter and skirts should result in something that looks brand new - I really can’t wait to get it back!

CFE5558E-2265-47AF-A611-A8EE7BB15F2C.jpeg

72534FFB-FC83-47C6-BC4B-F608676B4D13.jpeg

6F9073DE-60A7-4408-BE0C-738BC5EA1D10.jpeg

Before anyone asks... yes I am nuts.

😂

Last edited:

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Its hard to call you nuts as its all going to help down the line if you ever sell it, you wont really lose money when it comes to keeping it prestine.

Regardless though a tough pill to swallow im sure after the cost of the car etc!

Cant wait to see it back together!

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
Yeah it won’t be lost money at all. I really can’t wait to see it complete with all the new bits!

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
Wow! Will look incredible when done I'm sure, how come you decided not to paint the roof out of curiosity?

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
Wow! Will look incredible when done I'm sure, how come you decided not to paint the roof out of curiosity?

Roof is perfect, also didn’t paint the spoiler/decklid.

To be fair the paint was overall really good and certainly didn’t need this. But if you want to remove small imperfections this is the only way lol

pobmk4

RMS Regular
Drives
Caddy 2K
Nuts....., No, more like bonkers....but then we wouldn't expect anything less from you 😂 stunning car and it'll be even moreso once Alan is done with it

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
So Alan and the gang are busy putting it back together. Today Autoglass fitted the windscreen and made a total hash of it! So that will need pulled back out and redone :-(

Alan sent over a photo of the skirts as I was keen to see how they looked:

F439482D-1134-43E1-8C3A-9DB4B4099E8C.jpeg

Excuse the polish on the door...

Super subtle - love them! They really help the impression of rear arch curve!

Get it home Friday.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
I was in with Alan this morning and the National guy landed in just after me, I thought it was strange as he always uses JS Windscreens for jobs like that.

Disapppinting that they made a balls of it!

Car looked great. 😎

KeithRobinson

RMS Regular
OP
KeithRobinson
Drives
911Turbo
I was in with Alan this morning and the National guy landed in just after me, I thought it was strange as he always uses JS Windscreens for jobs like that.

Disapppinting that they made a balls of it!

Car looked great. 😎

Aw man it’s a total mess. They were decent on the phone though and will sort it. Things are never straight forward as i’m sure you’ve experienced in your own builds!