Porsche 944 Turbo S project

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
Drives
335i MT Touring
On paper, I thought they wouldn't be sharp when I got mine.... 160hp. Fastest 160 I've driven anyway....

Couldn't imagine how hairy 280 would be! Lol. Good job it has an Lsd I reckon!

Does that mean I'm gonna get all four spacers now?? Lol

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Took the Turbo to work on Saturday morning, great fun.

Tested the charge at the battery when the car was running, measured between 13.6v and 13.8v, and dropped to around 13v when switched off. So I'm not so sure the alternator is at fault now, could just be some bad connections somewhere giving a low reading on the dash.

Might treat it to a wash this week with my new £45 Nikfisk !

IMG_2099.JPG
IMG_2106.JPG

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Love it!! Will be good to get the wheels re-done. Is it slightly lowered at the front or on adjustables?

The Turbo S comes with the M030 pack, which includes adjustable Koni suspension, and I think it's at its lowest setting to be fair. Not sure as I haven't looked, but I think it could do with coming up a few mm at the front.

Wheels will be done by the first week of March, with some nice new rubber. :grinning:

richie_mck

RMS Regular
OP
richie_mck
Yeah maybe lift the front a few mm and the 10mm spacers that are on the front will probably migrate to the back

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Lol, why would anyone do that?!

The car was destined to be made into a track car, so the previous owner wanted a different look, and he chose cream as it kind of matched the interior colour. Thankfully the plan to take the car to track never materialised and its now destined to be restored to its former glory and used solely on the road. :grinning:

I have actually grown to quite like it, but I still can't wait until they're silver!

Last edited:

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
To be fair your wheels should be the forged anodized Club Sports not just regular Design 90s so fair enough! I do love 16" tele's though.

That's exactly what they are Andrew, super rare wheel so they're staying put on the car! Can't wait to get them back to silver with the original centres and some fresh tyres.

IMG_1200.JPG

andy9eleven

RMS Regular
Drives
All broken
Will look a million times better than the magnolia! New tyres transformed my wee lux last year. Need to refresh suspension now though, but too many projects happening right now!

TalkToFrank

RMS Regular
Drives
335i MT Touring
@Andy888 Would you like me to buy the wheels you got off barry back off you? Im nearly through all my niggles, dying to ditch the cayanne monstrosities lol.

@Woodcutter and @richie_mck car has some well chosen plans ahead of it, can't wait to see it in the flesh/ get thrown back into the seat of it.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.