Porsche 981 Boxter (Racing Yellow)

MustangAlly

RMS Regular
Drives
Corvette
Well its time go get rid of the Mustang and into something different! The Mustang has been so much fun but little niggles has made me want to change the car before it is off its warranty. Today I put a deposit down on the Boxter and I pick it up next week! Needless to say I cant wait!!! Its the 2.7L so a step down from the 5.0L of the Mustang but in all honesty I rarely used all the power in the 5.0 and I wanted something more chuckable round the bends.

981 is a 2016 with 6500 miles on the clock and (in my opinion) a rather tasty colour combo!! 2 year Porsche warranty is nice piece of mind too.

This is my first Porsche so I am not too sure what to expect though I have driven a 997 c4s back in 2008 a couple of times. Needless to say, I am super excited to pick it up!!

Guess I will have to change my user name lol

Some Coleraine folk might remember my straight piped Mercedes CL500. I had a different username then but I couldnt remember my password when I bought the Mustang.

Capture2.PNG
Capture.PNG
Capture1.PNG
Capture3.PNG
Capture4.PNG
Capture5.PNG

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Very nice indeed.

Too many Porsche’s on here recently, I really need one in my life soon.

Did you get it locally? I was looking at a Cayman GTS in Agnews last weekend but it wasn‘t a great deal. Wondering whether the mainland dealerships are better for deals.

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
That is very cool, love the colour! 😍

Congrats, I look forward to hearing what your thoughts are on it once you’ve done a few miles. 👍🏻

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
That's brilliant, great colour choice! I'm sure you'll enjoy throwing that round the back roads, roll on summer!

MustangAlly

RMS Regular
OP
MustangAlly
Drives
Corvette
Very nice indeed.

Too many Porsche’s on here recently, I really need one in my life soon.

Did you get it locally? I was looking at a Cayman GTS in Agnews last weekend but it wasn‘t a great deal. Wondering whether the mainland dealerships are better for deals.
The car is based on the mainland. Wish it was local but picking it up will be an adventure at least!
Amazing. Sold mine and it went today - missing it already. You’ll love it
What did you replace it with? What was your ownership experience with the Boxter?
That is very cool, love the colour! 😍

Congrats, I look forward to hearing what your thoughts are on it once you’ve done a few miles. 👍🏻
Yea definitely!! It will be some change for me!! Will I miss the power of the V8? Something makes me think that the dynamics of the 981 will make up for it.

it_carwasher

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche
Amazing. Sold mine and it went today - missing it already. You’ll love it

Hope you did well, I am sure it as sitting mint and well detailed
Well its time go get rid of the Mustang and into something different! The Mustang has been so much fun but little niggles has made me want to change the car before it is off its warranty. Today I put a deposit down on the Boxter and I pick it up next week! Needless to say I cant wait!!! Its the 2.7L so a step down from the 5.0L of the Mustang but in all honesty I rarely used all the power in the 5.0 and I wanted something more chuckable round the bends.

981 is a 2016 with 6500 miles on the clock and (in my opinion) a rather tasty colour combo!! 2 year Porsche warranty is nice piece of mind too.

This is my first Porsche so I am not too sure what to expect though I have driven a 997 c4s back in 2008 a couple of times. Needless to say, I am super excited to pick it up!!

Guess I will have to change my user name lol

Some Coleraine folk might remember my straight piped Mercedes CL500. I had a different username then but I couldnt remember my password when I bought the Mustang.

View attachment 315232View attachment 315233View attachment 315234View attachment 315235View attachment 315236View attachment 315237

Th yellow and black is a great combo

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Awesome, there is a group of us that like to take our Porsches out for some spirited driving! @AndyOz is our main man 😎

can’t beat a yellow Porsche lol

Looking at his avatar I may have met him and another very similar driving through Drumlough together last week. I didn’t know they were a member on here,

Martyn

RMS Regular
Had a 981 2.7 boxster myself.. great fun to just keep winding the engine out and hearing the 6 cylinder without hitting jail time speeds.

MustangAlly

RMS Regular
OP
MustangAlly
Drives
Corvette
Had a 981 2.7 boxster myself.. great fun to just keep winding the engine out and hearing the 6 cylinder without hitting jail time speeds.
This was my logic too. I could have gone for an S model with 20k mileage for the same money but I didnt see the need. I wanted a car that is equally fun at lower speeds as it is at higher speeds.

MustangAlly

RMS Regular
OP
MustangAlly
Drives
Corvette
That’s the ferry booked!! The car is at Porsche Exeter so I will do the Belfast the Liverpool crossing. 22:30 Wednesday night getting to Liverpool Thursday morning. Then a blast to Exeter in the Mustang than back to Liverpool in the Porsche for the ferry that evening! I’m looking forward to the car and not looking forward to the ferry in equal measure 😂

MustangAlly

RMS Regular
OP
MustangAlly
Drives
Corvette
You can get a pint on the boat 😎😎
Now that is at least a positive! Last time I was on this boat a group of people were causing havoc. They were in the bar just pissing on the floor and tables. The staff couldnt do a thing!

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
Thought I was having deja vu but realised now I had seen your post on the 981 UK group on Facebook, car looks mega in yellow!

MustangAlly

RMS Regular
OP
MustangAlly
Drives
Corvette
Thought I was having deja vu but realised now I had seen your post on the 981 UK group on Facebook, car looks mega in yellow!
Haha, yea I joined up yesterday! Pick the car up in one week and I really cant wait to see the colour in person