Porsche 981 Cayman S - Basalt Black

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
Funnily I was just looking at the prices of the boxster 981 and they are holding up very well! There aren’t any under 21k and that’s got 65k miles and now 8 year old, seen a 981 Cayman asking 21k with 100k miles.

Residuals on they are very good, see little movement (if any on lower mileage ones) with the move to the 4 pot, seems to have firmed up prices on them!

I think the 4 pot is still a great car but there are those that still prefer the f6 and the 981 seems to be the last of them (well at any sort of reasonable price)
A gen2 987s is still over £20k for something with good spec and low miles, seem solid enough at that price too.

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
Funnily I was just looking at the prices of the boxster 981 and they are holding up very well! There aren’t any under 21k and that’s got 65k miles and now 8 year old, seen a 981 Cayman asking 21k with 100k miles.

Residuals on they are very good, see little movement (if any on lower mileage ones) with the move to the 4 pot, seems to have firmed up prices on them!

I think the 4 pot is still a great car but there are those that still prefer the f6 and the 981 seems to be the last of them (well at any sort of reasonable price)

yeah 981s are holding strong. Mileage will be a bit high for some but I quite like this standard Boxster. Decent spec on it with PDLS, PTV (probably overkill on the 2.7) and PASM.

Been sitting over 2 months https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201911084163482