Porsche 991 GT3

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Saw/heard you heading for the ferry. What a car!

gixermark

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
GT3, Jedi
What a car! Great to see it used properly and not stuck away as an investment. 😎

Thanks Graeme… nope…. Was never bought as an investment… I knew at the time 997 GT3 would be a better investment… I adore this thing, blows me away just how good they are. The noise alone is worth every penny!!!!
Saw/heard you heading for the ferry. What a car!

Lol!!! Was that in morning or evening? Evening was going very gentle!

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Evening, @gixermark. I was sitting in the car park as you come down to queue for the ferry. Sound was class bouncing off the shore wall.

gixermark

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
GT3, Jedi
That’s likely last run of the year today… superb run around Antrim coast (ish) including Knockagh and cairncastke hill climb run… and a few old rally stages thrown in!!

Great run with a good bunch.

Been a fab year with the big girl, really don’t think I could ever tire of that bloody noise 😍

FFE90212-3281-4ECD-86E2-E730D8312C28.png
DF034363-23EA-468F-A019-7E1F1E7A035A.png
12A45060-FCF4-42C1-8719-848471EDE97B.jpeg

gixermark

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
GT3, Jedi
Haven’t been on the forum much of late… and defo haven’t updated this thread in a while!!!

So, 2023…. Another superb year with the GT3, treated her to a major service at Porsche Belfast in March, had a few runs out through the year…. Track day with the Porsche club Ireland gang in May, Nice jaunt to Blackheath Aug I think… and a massive bucket list trip to the alps in September….

I was driving around the various alpine passes thinking if I won the lottery…. I genuinely can’t think of a car that would be better for the trip. Comfortable to get across, and just beyond epic on the passes themselves.

Track day fun… was great taking a few friends and family members out for a spin to appreciate what these fabulous cars are capable of on track…. I started to learn more about the car on this visit, I only do 4-5 laps at a time to save cooking tyres, and it’s just generally much easier in the car… brakes etc than hammering around for long sessions.

IMG_4304.png
IMG_4305.png

And a few from the alps.

IMG_4042.jpeg
IMG_4010.jpeg
5caabbb2-f2ab-41b7-8977-55b81ff00a73.jpeg
IMG_4139.jpeg

Just extended the warranty for another 3 years last week…. Absolutely no plans to change it anytime soon!

Most likely will get wheels done he satin Porsche gold next year (think it’s Aurum?) and will wrap them in fresh Michelin PS4S too…

Just nudged 12k miles after the alps trip (2459 miles) so 9k miles done in my ownership, and can say I have genuinely adored every single one of them.

The lust for this fantastic machine has not dwindled in the slightest!!!

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
Amazing! I would love to do a trip like that in a GT3. Hopefully some day i'll be in a position to do so!

EF Ian

RMS Regular
Drives
EF & 260Z GT-R
Great to see one of these being used properly, track days and driving in the Alps, doesn't get better than that.

I'm wondering how my 260Z would do on a trip to the alps, if I ever get it back on the road.

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
All this love your GT3 and you've got me to thank for convincing you to buy the best car I'd ever driven. 😎

Could even be better than an Elise 🤯

gixermark

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
GT3, Jedi
Great to see one of these being used properly, track days and driving in the Alps, doesn't get better than that.

I'm wondering how my 260Z would do on a trip to the alps, if I ever get it back on the road.

There are absolutely every kind of vehicle on the alps, it’s not about max speed in anyway… but the views/scenery and just sucking the atmosphere - worth it in anything.
All this love your GT3 and you've got me to thank for convincing you to buy the best car I'd ever driven. 😎

Could even be better than an Elise 🤯

You haven’t mentioned that before 😜🤗 to be fair, you got to test drive one….. I didn’t even get to open the door on this when I bought it 😱 good old Covid.

You know I also love the Elise/exige platform… and I would love to drive either on the alpine passes, but it would absolutely kill me driving it there and back…. I did say to the guys if you could rent one within a day of the alps it would be worth doing!

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Incredible photos mate, what a car for the trip as well! Glad to see you using it properly.

Wheels will look great done in the satin gold!

gixermark

RMS Regular
OP
G
Drives
GT3, Jedi
Incredible photos mate, what a car for the trip as well! Glad to see you using it properly.

Wheels will look great done in the satin gold!
Yea…. Reckon it will
Lift it that bit more…. Always fancied it, so why not!!!