Porsche 997.2 C2S

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
So after selling a perfectly good aero kited black 997.1 C2S with a Strasse rebuilt engine 🙄........not sure why!............I found myself looking at them again.

A particular 997.2 C2S stood out to me.

Collection was today

2008 53k car
385bhp
Manual
Carnewal stainless exhaust
Bose stereo
Electric memory hardback seats
Sunroof
Massive file of maintenance expenditure

The car is immaculate, infact is unbelievably good for a 13 year old car. It is probably known by a few NI people as it lived in NI for for 5 years and was bought new in NI

Currently on the way home...........

DSC_0424.JPG
DSC_0425.JPG

Shell V Power is £1.57pl in South England😱

Last edited:

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Good buy! Nice & useable, then resealable!
Funny I meant to mention I was really close to buying an M4 or F80 M3 but with me not going to use it all that much and depreciation still to go on them I thought it would be unwise..........

So spend more on a 997 to cost less in ownership 😎 Man maths! Gotta love it on here.

The Elise ain't going anywhere BTW, I love it too much.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Gen2 much better back to back?
Hard to tell yet but the PCM is way better finished and better quality.

The engine is sharper to respond, it's a bit more efficient and I think the rev limit is higher.

The actual drive of the car is a whole level up though, smoother and tighter. That may be just the fact the car is 3 years newer and 10k less than my Gen 1 but its hard to believe that that's all it is.

My Gen 1 was black, black is complete PITA to keep looking good! Ace when it's clean, dirty the next day.........and it didn't go anywhere. Silver is 👍

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
That’s it, I’m selling up, all these silver Gen2’s popping up over here! 😂

Lovely car. Look forward to hearing how you get on with it. 👍🏻

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Went over the snake pass in the Peak District yesterday, weather was bad but while it's good if you're in the area it's no Scotland.

Over looking lake Windermere. What a view for breakfast.......

DSC_0428.JPG

Can even see the new toy 👍🤣

DSC_0429~2.JPG

Todd

RMS Regular
Drives
M3 | A6 | A3
Love these in silver. Great purchase!

I agree with the black, it's one of the nicest when clean, but trying to keep it clean isn't worth it!

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Heard a stone impact yesterday on the M1 but didn't see anything.........

Then this in the glass this morning..........

DSC_0431.JPG

DSC_0433.JPG

13 year original screen cracked after 1 day in my care FFS. Not happy 😠

On another note related to this, some of the driving standards in England are shocking, cutting in, jumping across 4 motorway lanes in 1 move, under taking, tail gating. Scotland and NI are definitely better.

Last edited:

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Lovely car bud, health to enjoy

where was that you stayed? Looks lovely

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Low Wood resort Winander club, really fantastic place but for the dinner in their restaurant, 'Blue Smoke', the meal was seriously below average with frozen flour based chips!

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
On another note related to this, some of the driving standards in England are shocking, cutting in, jumping across 4 motorway lanes in 1 move, under taking, tail gating. Scotland and NI are definitely better.
I was across a few weeks back with a transporter on dropping a car off near Coventry and the amount of times I thought I was going to be hit by some ejit cutting across lanes to get off or on the M6 was crazy. Scotland was much better but NI has plenty of 'speshul' drivers too it has to be said, mostly doing 40mph EVERYWHERE or obviously on their feckin phones. :mad:

Apologies for the rant, lovely car, health to enjoy.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Had a repair man out today and he say NO, he recommended getting a new screen but not to use Autoglass as they just do a cheap fast job.........So waiting on another man coming back to me about a new screen.

Spent the day cleaning and it really is mint. I've just found myself taking off the exhaust trims and polishing them as well as cleaning the battery bay and repainting the battery holder bracket with zinc silver due to corrosion and a new zinc bolt.........along with a load of other wee things no one will ever see! OCD 🙄 really impressed with this car........... except for the screen 😡

DSC_0450.JPG
DSC_0448.JPG
DSC_0447.JPG
DSC_0449.JPG
DSC_0452.JPG
DSC_0446.JPG
DSC_0451.JPG

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Had
Had a repair man out today and he say NO, he recommended getting a new screen but not to use Autoglass as they just do a cheap fast job.........So waiting on another man coming back to me about a new screen.

Spent the day cleaning and it really is mint. I've just found myself taking off the exhaust trims and polishing them as well as cleaning the battery bay and repainting the battery holder bracket with zinc silver due to corrosion and a new zinc bolt.........along with a load of other wee things no one will ever see! OCD 🙄 really impressed with this car........... except for the screen 😡

View attachment 339425View attachment 339427View attachment 339426View attachment 339428View attachment 339429View attachment 339430View attachment 339424
Had windscreens on my audi and bmw both done by national windscreens. No compliments. But guessing you want an oem screen?

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Had a good run out in the sun today as I had a job to do in Killyleagh so may as well enjoy the trip.
Love the way this car drives, class thing, comfortable, quick, involving, sounds ace, looks brilliant...........all just my opinion of course.

@PDM called up and I think he loved it too.

DSC_0459.JPG

Some mild condensation in the LED taillights after a drive or in the sun so ...........quick strip and a warming with the heat gun. Hopefully sorted.

DSC_0461.JPG

DSC_0460.JPG

IMG-20211022-WA0004.jpeg

PDM

RMS Regular
Drives
my wife nuts
Had a good run out in the sun today as I had a job to do in Killyleagh so may as well enjoy the trip.
Love the way this car drives, class thing, comfortable, quick, involving, sounds ace, looks brilliant...........all just my opinion of course.

@PDM called up and I think he loved it too.

View attachment 339631

Some mild condensation in the LED taillights after a drive or in the sun so ...........quick strip and a warming with the heat gun. Hopefully sorted.

View attachment 339628

View attachment 339627

View attachment 339626
Yer damm right i did.
Such a nice motor mate.

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Cleans up well (not like it was dirty 😳) but now it's destined to go back on charge and under a cover until the spring..........maybe.........if we get a good spell and I've time I think I'll tax it.

Wheels are in absolutely perfect condition and set it off so well 😎

It's also finally back on the original registration, FFZ, it was bought new in Porsche Belfast many moons ago.

I got some repair resin for the cracked screen and had a go but it's only about 50% better. My insurance company, Admiral, won't pay for a genuine screen which is £750 fitted and will only contribute £50 towards it so I haven't done anything. I'm reluctant to get a cheap screen fitted. Will wait and see what the MOT says or if it gets worse.

DSC_0745.JPG
DSC_0744.JPG
DSC_0741.JPG

Last edited: