Porsche 997.2 C2S

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Being beside H&W must be a nightmare for Porsche/Audi as well as any enthusiasts in the area - when I was in Bombardier there was an issue where a lot of cars were getting covered and if you put in a request for your car to be sorted, it was sent to be detailed/sorted.
It could well have been something from H&W or Spirit, if it was it's hit more cars than mine. I'm probably one of the few that would notice though as it wasn't visible to the eye even on the glass.

It went down to them........ excuse the saying.......like a baby's bum and came back to me like a badgers arse!!!

Last edited:

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Away for a wee weekend in Scotland. Wife now refuses to get in the Lotus so Porsche it is. Staying in Oban and Fort William, will see where we end up.

Car looking it's best

DSC_1606.JPG

0600 on a perfect morning........

DSC_1615.JPG

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Away for a wee weekend in Scotland. Wife now refuses to get in the Lotus so Porsche it is. Staying in Oban and Fort William, will see where we end up.

Car looking it's best

View attachment 366284

0600 on a perfect morning........

View attachment 366285
You could always try a run out to Mallaig West of Fort Bill. Ferry to south Skye should be on. If you're tempted to visit Ardnarmurchan point (most westerly point of UK mainland) be prepared for a 2:30 to 3 hour drive to get out there. Might be quicker taking the ferry to Mull, then Ferry to Kilchoan.

Gotta admit, I miss the scenery of Scotland's west coast.

Hopefully the weather stays good for you!

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I am not overly familiar with that SW of the western isles but would be class to get out and explore more or island hop!

At least you have a decent choice of cars to take over lol

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
The restrictor kit fitted in the passenger seat (wife) I'm getting a record high mpg of 26.2 so it's not all bad 😂

Im having beer now as the restrictor kit is driving back to Fort William so I'll be saying speed up FFS the whole way 😂 makes a change from SLOW DOWN for the last 2 days.

Current location..............

DSC_1639.JPG

Last edited:

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
When I had 'stupid' cars back in the 90's, the Mrs refused to drive them but would sit in them under protest. One time when I was working at her car, she had to take mine to the shops and came back traumatised lol. Apparently it was too friggin loud and hard to start (Twin Webers) and she thought the suspension was broken (GRP A Rally suspension) and went off inside in a huff. When I got back in later on, she had been looking through the autotrader for a new car for me 'because that one is frigged'. I think I had it as my daily for 4 years, my eldest daughter loved it. She said last week that when I get back out on the Targas, she wants to co-drive for me. (y) :cool:

JT079

RMS Regular
There are so many xx-xxx mph corners with the same signs but all I heard was blahhhh on our road trips😂😂😂

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Most roads in Scotland are brilliant but far busier than they where many years ago. 2002 was the first year me and a few mates did a lap of North Scotland on sports bikes, and we came home thinking 'why is that place empty???? Its like a massive race track!’

I did travel one road on the way up to Oban and it was a bit tight with one particular friggin tight corner about 20mikes south of Oban, think I went round at about 20mph and the ABS was on at entry as the front left wheel went up in air due to the road dropping away.............

Screenshot_20220624-165020.png

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Must say I think the Stena premier lounge is well worth it...........think this is my (edit) 6th glass! Looks like restrictor kit is driving again 😂

DSC_1671.JPG

On another note the 997 wheels are as black as F.......looks like I've been doing a track day rather than a wee 4 day tour around Scotland......... horror picture posted soon

Rigger

RMS Regular
Drives
XJR 575, A4
Most roads in Scotland are brilliant but far busier than they where many years ago. 2002 was the first year me and a few mates did a lap of North Scotland on sports bikes, and we came home thinking 'why is that place empty???? Its like a massive race track!’

I did travel one road on the way up to Oban and it was a bit tight with one particular friggin tight corner about 20mikes south of Oban, think I went round at about 20mph and the ABS was on at entry as the front left wheel went up in air due to the road dropping away.............

View attachment 366572
I'm glad you think the roads in Scotland are good. Since I left nearly 10 yrs ago - I found the roads have gotten even worse. The NC500 was ok, but other roads - Newtonmore to Spean Bridge were awful. I hit a massive pothole near where I grew up - ended up changing car due to time constraints with a crew changing 2 days later.

I think the roads in Scotland will only get worse, with Nitler settling in with the Greens.

I think the roads over here in Norn Irn are far better tbh - but thats only my opinion.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Drilled discs are wild for destroying pads at a huge rate and kicking out massive amounts of dust. I had them on a few cars and although I'm no car cleaning fan, the amount of dust and metal deposited along the side of the car was mental. On a weekend blast round the lake district a few years back, the guy behind me said he could see plumes of dust coming off my wheels from his car when I was braking..

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155

View attachment 366572
Was on this road in 2019 when we did a bit of a tour round, had stayed the first night alongside Loch Lomond and then ducked left up over Rest and be Thankful and the 'Arrochar Alps' to get to Inverary and on down to the Crinan sea lock at the end of the Crinan canal. We then headed north from Bellanoch and joined the A812 to Oban after that. I honestly don't remember that corner but there were a few sharp bends that were worthy of note. Probably going much slower and with more suspension travel lol.