Porsche Boxster 3.2 S 986

Cartunes

RMS Regular
Drives
Schkodah
Am I right in saying the 2003 3.2 doesn’t suffer from IMS failure?
IMS failure isn't a huge issue. It suffers more from uneducated slabbering on internet forums! Anyhoo, the Boxster wouldn't be rid of the "sealed for life bearing" issue until around mid/late 2005. For £800 and a bit of spannering, it's worth ensuring that your flat 6 doesn't eat itself. If you want fun motoring on a tight budget, then steer clear of Porsche! I'm having the IMS, RMS and Clutch replaced before next spring. Total cost of 2 grand and fitted by professionals........ Well worth the smiles the car gives every time she exits the garage.

KevM

RMS Regular
IMS failure isn't a huge issue. It suffers more from uneducated slabbering on internet forums! Anyhoo, the Boxster wouldn't be rid of the "sealed for life bearing" issue until around mid/late 2005. For £800 and a bit of spannering, it's worth ensuring that your flat 6 doesn't eat itself. If you want fun motoring on a tight budget, then steer clear of Porsche! I'm having the IMS, RMS and Clutch replaced before next spring. Total cost of 2 grand and fitted by professionals........ Well worth the smiles the car gives every time she exits the garage.

I thought you sold yours? I thought it hard to believe when I heard as yours is pretty-much what I’d love in a Boxster!

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3

Very well put. Already thinking that whatever I buy for fun will be on the drip, huge running costs wouldn’t help.. next..!

Sorry for the spam to the OP