Porsche Boxter 2.7

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Mont

RMS Regular
Drives
SupraMINIMX5
Great choice. Looks fantastic on those wheels!

No air con? Excuse my ignorance but is it broken, or does it not come with it?

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
seen you yesterday heading outta Bangor, top down, sunglasses and hat out.... car looking well mate!

Cartunes

RMS Regular
OP
Cartunes
Drives
Schkodah
Great choice. Looks fantastic on those wheels!

No air con? Excuse my ignorance but is it broken, or does it not come with it?
It was an option for that car and that box wasn't ticked.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
OP
Cartunes
Drives
Schkodah
Why do you need air con on a hot day in a convertible?!
To stop my balding bonce getting burnt...... too late now. As Pastor Dave noticed, I had my "Manny from stone roses" hat on yesterday to limit the red-head. Too late though, me barnet burned!

Cartunes

RMS Regular
OP
Cartunes
Drives
Schkodah
The spoiler does not spoiler. Very nice HTE.
I don't dislike the fixed spoiler at all, but on the left leg, a substantial rust patch has developed where it meets the boot lid. That will need to be dealt with and I do like a car to be unmodified, just as the very handsome, intelligent, infinitely knowledgeable designers intended! 8o|

Cartunes

RMS Regular
OP
Cartunes
Drives
Schkodah
Oh...... and Aaron Oliver...... your badly fitted metro rear plate fell off somewhere in Scotland. I noticed it in Wetherby services. Good job there was a Standard plate in the boot and I had the foresight to pack some 3m double sided. Some geezer in a monster M5 with the loudest exhaust I have ever had the pleasure to receive hearing damage from pulled up to tell me as I was sorting it out. I went roughly 210 miles without detection from plod! I guessed it had fallen off as i left the ferry as someone was flashing and indicating behind me around Castle Kennedy.

Cartunes

RMS Regular
OP
Cartunes
Drives
Schkodah
Lovely view from the hard shoulder this afternoon after the accelerator pedal broke off the mounting!

20180625_122750.jpg

And while I'm waiting for Anglia Rescue, here's a pic of the seat.
20180625_124737.jpg

I'll add a few pics of the whole car when it's cleaned and fixed up.

Last edited:

Cartunes

RMS Regular
OP
Cartunes
Drives
Schkodah
Lovely view from the hard shoulder this afternoon after the accelerator pedal broke off the mounting!

View attachment 197840

And while I'm waiting for Anglia Rescue, here's a pic of the seat.
View attachment 197842
I'll add a few pics of the whole car when it's cleaned and fixed up.
Patched repair job. The live hinge sheared off on the accelerator pedal. I joined the two parts with a repair plate and 4 self tappers and ordered a replacement pedal.
20180625_170647.jpg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.