Porsche/Classic Sports Car to borrow?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Boabybooster

RMS Regular
Drives
Skip
If it's the right motor, and there's enough room in the back for the both of us then I'd be interested.
When's your wedding? What about a 1973 Citreon ds23 Pallas? We used this as our wedding car. Trying to get my dad to bring it over of some shows.

image.jpeg

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Another one here that used @mcmullet-vtec Maserati

Groomsmen went in that and I went in the Noble and we had a nice sensible drive down to Cavan :p

Seriously though, don't be driving on your wedding day. Sit back and relax and be driven, while drinking lots and going over your speech!

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
I did the driving on my wedding day, was only from the church to reception venue anyway so not much drinking time lost out on. Got the cars from my own shed however so of no help to you!

Reactions: Ben

Chris Mac

RMS Regular
Drives
MK8 GTi CS
Tbh I always see people's wedding photos and wonder, why did he drive a Ferrari to his wedding then hand it back? Frankly the wedding day has enough stress without worrying about pranging £150k car before your dinner

garyo

RMS Regular
Another here for @mcmullet-vtec 's Quattroporte, along with a Flying Spur and S500. Great service and great guys to deal with. Pity we had that basturd Storm Frank show up a few hours early and spoil the party...don't think we have one photo of the cars.

Ben

RMS Regular
OP
Ben
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
I thought theirs was black, it that silver one theirs? If Claire and I can fit comfortabley in the back then yeah I'd be up for being driven.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
You won't fit comfortably in the back of a 356.

You get him to meet you at the church, you and her get in the front seats, few pics taken, drive out of the church, get out and get into McMullets Quattroporte and go to the reception.

Porsche goes home.

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
So much negativity in here but I doubt your new wife will fit comfortably into the back of a 356 in her wedding dress.

Ben

RMS Regular
OP
Ben
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Lol, i'd say you are right.

Maybe I'm just being really naive, but after the inital guy saying I could have a lend of his Porsche no problem, and I barely know him at all, I just thought there might be another person who has a suitable car and would feel the same way.
Or else maybe the guy was super nice/naive?

I have another mate who has a blue 993, so might see if he wouldn't mind. Although it is blue.

Rocko

RMS Regular
Drives
Pure Soul
Personally, I think he was being super nice, or knew it would never be ready in time.

I wouldn't let someone borrow our Fiat 500 if I didn't know who they were, not to nip down the shops, never mind a wedding.

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Not without at least proper insurance. Taking a 40 grand car, over night, on drive other car cover.
Never going to happen.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.