Porsche/Classic Sports Car to borrow?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Ben

RMS Regular
OP
Ben
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Not without at least proper insurance. Taking a 40 grand car, over night, on drive other car cover.
Never going to happen.

Doesn't have to be overnight, I could pick up at say 11:00am morning of wedding and have it returned mid afternoon. And it has to take a journey of about 6 miles. If the person still wasn't happy I could arrange to have proper temp cover arranged. To be fair the guy lives just outside Lurgan so knew it wouldn't be travelling far.

I wouldn't let someone borrow our Fiat 500 if I didn't know who they were, not to nip down the shops, never mind a wedding.

You wouldn't let someone borrow your car for 4 hours, if you "knew" them off RMS and would pay you £200?

pablo

RMS Moderator
its a total minefield man, personally I wouldn't do it.

get a big awesome cruiser and get chauffeured is my advice

swansty

RMS Regular
Drives
Disco and Saxo
Doesn't have to be overnight, I could pick up at say 11:00am morning of wedding ?

you have gravely misjudged how much time you are going to have on the morning of your wedding...Id be surprised if you have even half the time needed to go and pick up a car.

mckeown

RMS Regular
Drives
mitsi outlander
I cant see this happening, plus take into account the logistics of weather in this country and the dress that your other half will be wearing, its all nice saying that youll come out happily married and saunter off in a nice borrowed car, but unfortunately, not realistic. Get something that she can get into and out of easily, with a roof in case it rains, a chauffeur and a bottle of Remy martin.

Ruairi83

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7.5 GTi PP
People on RMS are very helpful.
But to get a "lend" or rent their pride and joy for few hours for few hundred quid isn't going to happen unless you know then extremely well. I wouldn't lend my brother my car for 4 hours never mind a member off RMS.

Worth a try thou. You'd be better just using the contact everyone on here gave you as that's most likely to happen.

st6phen

RMS Regular
Drives
anything MOT'd
I spent months getting my old e24 635csi ready for my own wedding with the intention of driving it. Got up on the morning of the wedding, me and the oul fella got smashed, ended up having to get the mother to drive me and the best man there in her suzuki vitara, she couldnt drive an automatic. Wish I would have just hired something. Saved alot of hassle. Don't know what I was thinking. Chauffer driven is the way to go in this instance I think

Ben

RMS Regular
OP
Ben
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Worth a go I thought.

As much as Mark has lovely stock, none of suit the "theme" the other cars have going.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Randomly I've been asked a few times to lend the sapphire as a wedding car lol.

I've always turned the people down as I don't know them. Even then there are very few people I'd feel comfortable leaving the car with. If they break something are they going to pay to get it fixed?

Eager

RMS Regular
Drives
broooooom
Randomly I've been asked a few times to lend the sapphire as a wedding car lol.

I've always turned the people down as I don't know them. Even then there are very few people I'd feel comfortable leaving the car with. If they break something are they going to pay to get it fixed?

Ultimately it's just not worth the potential heart ache. Not much gain v lots of potential annoyance.

matt1207

RMS Regular
Drives
mk7.5 R
As said already @mcmullet-vtec (Lisburn, County Antrim | NI Bentley Hire) are worth at least going to have a look at their cars.
We used the Quadroporte and Arnage, noise of the quadroporte is class! We were very happy with the service.

I drove a 911 turbo on our wedding day, which belongs to a family friend. He pretty much owns me now for all IT related problems!

I hope you get sorted! The 911 drew a crowd and we have some great photos/videos of it, so I can see why you want something special.

3.jpg 2.jpg 1.jpg

Reactions: Ben

mike_2

RMS Regular
Drives
MR2, EP3 TypeR
Tbh I always see people's wedding photos and wonder, why did he drive a Ferrari to his wedding then hand it back? Frankly the wedding day has enough stress without worrying about pranging £150k car before your dinner

This to be honest. Although I am lucky as I had a silver Avensis 2 litre to arrive in

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.