ahannigan

RMS Regular
Drives
Bullitt
Autogylm Polar Seal applied two weeks ago

F14DA95E-9652-4C9F-B876-7F62A1252E36.jpeg

gsmith

RMS Regular
Is this just a spray on and rinse off product ?
It is mate. Very like there old spray wax. Smells the same and not recommended to use it on a warm day if it drys it’ll stain plastics and glass just make sure to dry the car off well. I can get you a bottle if you want let me know. 👍🏻 I’ve used it on a car that had zero protection with good results.

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Hasn’t been polished or waxed in over 2 years. Applied one coat of Anachem Hybrid on Thursday after a standard wash.

FDDF2486-612C-4BCE-AF27-AE329BE4663A.jpeg

51930E89-83F2-43A2-873E-24F6EB1017BA.jpeg

It’s definitely a 10metre car currently.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
You can't use ceramic on film but Gtechniq brought out a PPF specific hydrophobic coating called Halo. Very simple to use, quite similar to using a regular sealant really only in smaller sections. Could easily use it at home.

Some PPF's have a hydrophobic coating built in though.

As far as after care, any Si02 based detail spray will be fine and any pH balanced chemicals will be grand for washing

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
You can't use ceramic on film but Gtechniq brought out a PPF specific hydrophobic coating called Halo. Very simple to use, quite similar to using a regular sealant really only in smaller sections. Could easily use it at home.

Some PPF's have a hydrophobic coating built in though.

As far as after care, any Si02 based detail spray will be fine and any pH balanced chemicals will be grand for washing

Perfect thanks for the heads up on that,

Im looking at a car thats been detailed and ceramic coated in the last 6 months. At that time it had XPEL PPF applied and then Kamikaze Surface Film Coating over the top? Is this just hydrophobic then I take it?

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Yea just hydrophobic, XPEL is a self healing PPF so your all good on that front. Anachem Hybrid will be spot on with it and if you use articulate just dilute to to half the strength you normally would :grinning:

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Yea just hydrophobic, XPEL is a self healing PPF so your all good on that front. Anachem Hybrid will be spot on with it and if you use articulate just dilute to to half the strength you normally would :grinning:

Sounds good ... looks to be impressive stuff by what ive read online. Thanks for that Pete much appreciated

Toeman

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf gti pp
Wondering does white silver paintwork show beading like these pics are is it more difficult to get a result on it