Posting Alloy Wheels

Topmark

RMS Regular
I have x4 19” quite expensive wheels that I’d like to advertise on eBay and some U.K. wide online forums. I’m hesitant as I don’t know what it will cost me to post them. I’m keen to hear any recommendations from those who have done this before. Local companies who handle this would be great too and any recommendations on how to package. Thanks in advance!

flame

RMS Regular
I sent a set of Porsche 928s wheels with diamond cut faces to England (16”). I did 2 in each box with each wheel face wrapped in thick offcuts of household carpet. I sent them using senditnow I think it was about £12 per box or something like that. Each box is allowed to be up to 30kg so depends how heavy your wheels are if you can do pairs. Worst case is 4 separate boxes so under £50 postage in total.

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Just be very careful who you use as some of them state in their restricted items about not paying for damage to wheels etc.

If it's an expensive set I'd use Parcelforce directly personally. It's a lot more expensive at probably around £80 but they do cover you for damage/loss to be fair to them.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
I’ve used Senditnow plenty of times for sending wheels but have had one or two strange experiences recently which has put me off. Nothing has gone missing but parcels not collected on the date agreed, parcels not being lifted as they had no
labels and parcels not being collected as they where deemed overweight when the parcel only contained one wheel in each box and their limit is supposed to be 30kg?

Anyway, if you are sending expensive wheels and want to take insurance out etc I would be using Paisley Freight.

RoniN

RMS Regular
Any expensive wheels I have sold on ebay I state buyer to organise their own courier or collect in person.
That way, if there is a problem or wheels damaged in transit it's up to them to sort.
I send the buyer photos of the wheels and them parceled so they know there is no damage before the courier collects.
Had one person drive over from Northampton and collect wheels once.

Cheers

JH86

RMS Regular
I ship wheels week in week out

£25 ships them senditnow i assume the value is different £600 is the dearest ive sent iirc arrived perfect no issues

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
I've said this countless times on here before but senditnow don't cover the loss or damage of automotive parts. Even if you pay for the extra insurance it still doesn't cover them

Topmark

RMS Regular
OP
Topmark
This is all great info - please do keep it coming!

They are 19" Porsche Lobster Claw, immaculate with good tyres. They will hopefully be listed later today.

MarkM

RMS Regular
I sent my Advans to Grimsby via send it now, two pairs, same order, collected together, delivered a week apart, made me sweat!!

colin84

RMS Regular
I always use sentitnow, but in this case I would look elsewhere. As already said they don't cover vehicle parts, but they are quite happy to sell you the insurance for them. You won't benefit from sending them as 2 parcels either, as they would be too heavy, and it would increase the risk of them getting damaged or becoming separated.

Reactions: IL

Neil_M

RMS Regular
I've a set up for sale on eBay.

I've bought boxes and bubble wrap to send them as safely as possible.

I'll also be using ParcelForce.

gerryp

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche 997
Parcelforce owns senditnow.
They have done this to compete with 'parcel2go' and 'postmybag' etc.

MarkP

RMS Regular
Drives
zafira :-(
Parcelmonkey also worth a shout. They were cheaper than Parcel force but Parcel force deliver the item lol. Same thing though. Wrap them well as youll struggle with compo if its needed.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
Has senditnow stopped delivering wheels? Trying to get a quote for a set that I've seen on eBay and I cane get senditnow to quote me. Keeps saying that it's not available.

18kg per wheel, 60cm * 60cm * 20cm * 4 wheels. Thought that would be within their requirements

colin84

RMS Regular
Has senditnow stopped delivering wheels? Trying to get a quote for a set that I've seen on eBay and I cane get senditnow to quote me. Keeps saying that it's not available.

18kg per wheel, 60cm * 60cm * 20cm * 4 wheels. Thought that would be within their requirements

If they have it must have just happened, because I sent a set of wheels to England about 3 weeks ago, and received a set through them last week. Although when I sent mine I just listed it as a vehicle part.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
If they have it must have just happened, because I sent a set of wheels to England about 3 weeks ago, and received a set through them last week. Although when I sent mine I just listed it as a vehicle part.

Can't understand it at all. Must be doing something wrong.

Parcel2go have quoted me a tenner a wheel, so they'll do rightly.

pablo

RMS Moderator
I had a pair of wheels delivered today via senditnow. I put car parts on description though. It’s probably your dimensions knock it down a bit and it should behave.