Power Bank jump starters

mightymetro

RMS Regular
Drives
F31 320D, 91 MX5
Before I leap in blind on Amazon or somewhere - has anyone any recommendation for a compact jump start pack?

Want something for peace on mind, BM 320d has started arsing about with stop start and am trying to diagnose if it's just the battery giving up or a starter fault or the s/s module. Jump leads sorted it but would prefer not to have something in the glovebox.

Found this article but the top 5 or 6 units all seem to be sold out everywhere Best mini jump starter packs 2022 | Auto Express

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
halfords had a good one £60/70

i was sceptical when my mate handed it to me

2.0 diesel turan wouldn’t turn over but had reds

first turn with it and started straight away

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
You'll struggle to get any delivered here from Amazon anyway.

I've a NOCO GB70. Has jump started a totally dead V8 amongst others. No chance it would fit in a glovebox though, it's pretty chunky.

Nicky Glanza

RMS Regular
Drives
BMX
I keep meaning to buy one but deffo going for the gb70, think it’s a brave bit cheaper with the trade card too

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
Legacy SpecB
I bought one that was meant to jump up to 3000cc and it wouldn't jump a Micra 1.0 that was a bit low. Sent it back. Can't remember which model it was

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I have a NOCO, probably the GB20 which is apparently capable of jumping up to a 4L petrol. I was waiting to pick the wife up from the airport in the old diesel 207 with the radio on and sidelights on for well over half an hour (thank you Aldergrove baggage handlers) and when she texted to say she got her bag, the car would hardly turn. Got the NOCO out of the boot (hadn't been charged in a year nearly), connected it up, started first time.

Bought a new battery for the car the next day but I wouldn't be anywhere with that wee boost pack now.

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
I've a sealey booster pack I got form Wilsons of Glenavy when I was up before/after Christmas but only realised when I got home it only does 3.0 petrol 2.0 diesels perfect for my bm and forester but she has a 3.2 shogun and wasn't up to much for that. Bought a gbx55 last week in halfords with a trade card for about 170 I think. Started the shogun from dead with on hesitation at all

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
I have a NOCO GB70

I have found when it hadn't worked initially, that you press and hold the i button to put it out of smart mode. Gave it 1-2 minutes and it's always served me well.

Ironically I've never got to use it on one of my own cars

mightymetro

RMS Regular
OP
mightymetro
Drives
F31 320D, 91 MX5
Went for a Noco gb 50 in halfords earlier, £30 off with the trade card.