Power washer suggestions.

J55NI

RMS Regular
Looking to get a power washer and foam lance etc. Possibly one of the shorter gun attachments also. Any suggestions on a decent power washer that will be durable and not give up after 6-12 months. Anywhere local do a package for everything or better to purchase separately?

KaraokeMidget

RMS Regular
Drives
Mx5
I bought a Sealey power washer about 10 years ago and still going strong. Bought it from the Sealey place in Lisburn.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
You got a price in mind for everything? I've found £ for £ that Nilfisk offers more than Karcher and they have something to suit every budget pretty much.

You be much better buying separately from experience.

Kranzle, as mentioned, are great but they're expensive.

J55NI

RMS Regular
OP
J
You got a price in mind for everything? I've found £ for £ that Nilfisk offers more than Karcher and they have something to suit every budget pretty much.

You be much better buying separately from experience.

Kranzle, as mentioned, are great but they're expensive.

£300 ish? Don't mind spending the money if it will last.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
@J55NI

For £300ish you'll be looking around the £230 bracket for a washer, a proper foam lance is £35-40ish and a short trigger is around same at £35-40. I'd also budget another £40 or so for a proper 15m jet hose replacement hose for whatever you buy, they're worth every penny.

At that price range I'd be going for the Nilfisk E160, I've had its wee brother the C130 for around 10 years and it's been faultless. I keep thinking of upgrading but it just keeps soldering on. @Big Pimp will sort you with a foam gun (and free foam!) for £35.

Personally I've never seen the need for a short trigger, it does however seem to be the fashion at the minute.

I've used CleanStore (online) for a few things over the years and they were the best price wise when I bought my washer all those years ago. Can't fault them though I've never had to return anything to them. There's bound to be a local Nilfisk dealer though I don't know who.

Alastair_S

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf GTI PP

K4 Full control is currently £150 on Argos if you fancied a Karcher. Gives you plenty of spare change from your budget for accessories. I’ve had one for just over a year with no issues. 3 year guarantee as well

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
@J55NI

For £300ish you'll be looking around the £230 bracket for a washer, a proper foam lance is £35-40ish and a short trigger is around same at £35-40. I'd also budget another £40 or so for a proper 15m jet hose replacement hose for whatever you buy, they're worth every penny.

At that price range I'd be going for the Nilfisk E160, I've had its wee brother the C130 for around 10 years and it's been faultless. I keep thinking of upgrading but it just keeps soldering on. @Big Pimp will sort you with a foam gun (and free foam!) for £35.

Personally I've never seen the need for a short trigger, it does however seem to be the fashion at the minute.

I've used CleanStore (online) for a few things over the years and they were the best price wise when I bought my washer all those years ago. Can't fault them though I've never had to return anything to them. There's bound to be a local Nilfisk dealer though I don't know who.
This is very true.

E160 is a great machine, and i think on a price for price point the Nilfisks are hard to beat.

Definitely look into a longer hose as the standard hoses never seem long enough.

A proper foam lance like I offer is a must, and I'm with Paddy on the fascination for short triggers. I prefer a longer lance as when washing under arches etc. keeps me away from the dirt!

@nigelmcg (even though he doesn't be on here so much) is the owner of Consumable Products in 'ards and he will offer you a great Karcher machine in your budget and always gives great warranty etc.so is worth a call too

J55NI

RMS Regular
OP
J
Thanks guys, will take a look at the above models.

Snoopcousins

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
I have a K4, short trigger gun with different sized nozzles, foam Lance, and 30m hose replacement from @Cleantec ...perfect setup really.
The trigger gun is good for cleaning wheels and getting in close, and also handy to be able to power wash out a cloth or mitt while holding it- can’t do that with a long lance

Eamo_vxr

RMS Regular
Drives
Slow and low!
If you go for a nilfisk, I’d a real bad experience with cleanstore. Prices are great but they’re customer service was terrible, they don’t have a phone number for a start and any repairs (for Northern Ireland) you have to take the machine to Cookstown. They just didn’t want to know. The nilfisk is superb though if there’s no issues with it.

davyk31

RMS Regular
Nilfisk Gerni near Ballymoney are great for Nilfisk. Great advice and after sales service

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Anyone got any suggestions looking to upgrade my K4. Mate got a simmm water gun and it seems a great unit. Pricing on it to me is high as its for one car mainly and a bit round the house thanks to ni water I've to either ring them before I wash the car and complain or run it off a tank. Anyone any suggestions? I know the simmm just pipped kranzle for the like by like models.

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
Had heard good reports about Nilfisk recently, cant remember the model, but 210 is in my head. One of the mates bought one from recommendations off one of the detailing sites, reckons its a great job. He laughed when I asked him do Nilfisk not only make hoovers :laughing:

Personally, I'm a karcher fan, had a K3.5 for donkeys years now, think I'd replace with a K4 full control, or if I was feeling plush a petrol Kranzle. That said, keep asking myself, would anyone really need a petrol machine for just washing a car

brendy

RMS Regular
Anyone got any suggestions looking to upgrade my K4. Mate got a simmm water gun and it seems a great unit. Pricing on it to me is high as its for one car mainly and a bit round the house thanks to ni water I've to either ring them before I wash the car and complain or run it off a tank. Anyone any suggestions? I know the simmm just pipped kranzle for the like by like models.
K5 for me, I bought mine last year but went via amazon as the Karcher Outlet had none in stock, worth checking frequently as they get new stock in, certified refurbed models that can make a good saving over rrp. Karcher Outlet

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
K5 for me, I bought mine last year but went via amazon as the Karcher Outlet had none in stock, worth checking frequently as they get new stock in, certified refurbed models that can make a good saving over rrp. Karcher Outlet
I'd go into the commercial side of karcher probably I know alot don't like the plastic pumps was holding out for sales on the k7 or jump into the commercial. The simmm unit it just a carry handle unit. But at near 750 it's steep.

Deleted member 13907

D
I have a Karcher K7 and it is brilliant. Had it a few years now with no issues. It's a bit overkill for washing the cars, but fantastic for doing the brick paving around the back.