Powerful vacuum

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
What’s the best corded vacuum about in terms of suction power?

Read good things about Miele C3 Powerline and Nilfisk Multi II.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
One vote here for the Miele. The build quality is first class. (Never buying another Dyson ever)
Check the watts on them because I think the slightly older model is still available with the higher figure.

I know someone else has one as well and is OCD fanatical cleaner, uses it on the whole house every day for about 10 years and still perfect.

-Pete-

RMS Regular
I got an old vax 1800 watt swift upright and its a beast and you can still get all the service parts for them too. Its my car/garage vacuum and I couldn't fault it. The older dyson animals (upright) are also brilliant. They would lift your carpet and underlay right up off the floor!
We have a bissel unit for the house which is okay but it doesn't have the rotating brush bar which isnt too bad as only a couple of rooms have carpet.
Stay away from the bosch athlet uprights, great suction but the handles break all the time. have had to replace at least a couple of handles now as theyre so badly designed they keep cracking at the exact same spot.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Yeah same on the Bosch. We had one and it was useless.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
Great news
Henry Hoover's are good but I always had trouble dragging mine round the house so sold mine. I think he has a drink problem mine constantly fell over

Last edited:

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
I had a Dyson for a long time then a Miele. The Miele blew up during lockdown and I ordered a shark upright. Puts the Dyson and Miele to shame, superb piece of kit.

RevT

RMS Regular
I had a Dyson for a long time then a Miele. The Miele blew up during lockdown and I ordered a shark upright. Puts the Dyson and Miele to shame, superb piece of kit.

Cordless or corded? I want to buy a new cordless for regular use of maybe 3-4 runs round the house during the week.

I’ve heard mixed reports about the Dyson and was going to go for Shark but I also see Meile now do a cordless.

Gareth

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda's
Depends on what you want to do with it. There are 3 vacuums in our house and each one has it's place.

- Bosch wireless upright for a quick run around the wooden floors downstairs. Over time the battery life has deteriorated, but fine for a quick scoot round.
- Hetty for carpet and stairs as well as in the cars. The 'turbo' button is always used for extra suction.
- George wet vac has just replaced my Titan wet vac. Will only ever be a wet vac, especially with 1 and 4 year old boys as well as for inside the cars.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
Titan from Screwfix never lets me down. Think they are still around £50 too so great value.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Cordless or corded? I want to buy a new cordless for regular use of maybe 3-4 runs round the house during the week.

I’ve heard mixed reports about the Dyson and was going to go for Shark but I also see Meile now do a cordless.
Mine is a corded Duo Clean Lift Away Pet version. Some piece of kit. 5 year warranty as well.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
I've a vax trail behind one long as you keep the filter washed it's ideal for the car all I use it for.

Mark_C

RMS Regular
The older miele cat and dog machines are absolutely fantastic. I've had one now for close to 14 years and it's vacuumed everything from straw to body filler dust. Planning to get the miele cordless for the 'utility' vacuum in the house soon as the movable motor unit is quite convenient

adzy

RMS Regular
Drives
Glanza V

We recently got a cordless shark for daily use to lift the dog hair as was a pain to get the Henry out all the time. It has the anti hair wrap to stop it getting tangled up. So far seems great, and it’s handy that you can take it apart to use as a handheld vacuum too.

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
Mine is a corded Duo Clean Lift Away Pet version. Some piece of kit. 5 year warranty as well.

we have the same but not the pet version even though we have a dog and the hairs mean the place gets hoovered at least once a day ( the missus said she read reviews that the anti-wrap didn't make a difference) picked it up on amazon for £120 possibly during black Friday deals as it was around November.

it is definitely the best vacuum I've used, we thought our carpets were clean with the old vacuum, but the shark just goes an extra level.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
we have the same but not the pet version even though we have a dog and the hairs mean the place gets hoovered at least once a day ( the missus said she read reviews that the anti-wrap didn't make a difference) picked it up on amazon for £120 possibly during black Friday deals as it was around November.

it is definitely the best vacuum I've used, we thought our carpets were clean with the old vacuum, but the shark just goes an extra level.
Lol it's actually shocking the amount of dirt it lifts. Like you say, we thought our carpets where clean before, clearly not.

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
What about the Kirby, just curious if anybody ever had one? I heard they were the daddy.

Mel_45

RMS Regular
Drives
megane
This is the exact one we have, at a great price.

Tesco Northcot.

Attachments

• IMG_20200911_152900.jpg
    IMG_20200911_152900.jpg
    285.8 KB · Views: 85

Mark_C

RMS Regular
If you can get the older model miele cat and dog it will lift carpets. The newer EU energy saving compliant one isn't as powerful.

RevT

RMS Regular
Folks, has anyone got the Meile cordless yet?

It’s between that and a Shark and hoping to pick one up in the next few weeks, just going to keep an eye for any deals that might pop up.

I want a cordless for the hard floors downstairs as we need to do them probably 3-4 times a week due to the dogs and it’s a balls getting the Henry out every time.

Eddies

RMS Regular
Drives
Really well
Be worth holding off to black Friday see what comes up with deals?