PPF north coast area?

davyk31

RMS Regular
Anyone in the north coast area doing PPF. I used Andrew McCullough for my Macan but he is far away now in Lisburn.

Have a pre cut piece for the rear bumper of the ID.3 and not too confident fitting myself so could get someone to fit that for me. Also might do another bit or two but even if I had the bumper protector fitted it would be handy.

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
Richard talked about doing it but not sure he ever started. I imagine as this is a small narrow piece that any vinyl or sign guy could do it. Also may not be that hard DIY but would need to do some research on how to fit it.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Would AG automotive maybe sort it for you? Worth a try.

MarkM

RMS Regular
If it’s only a small bit have a go, I did the door shuts on the M4 yesterday with pre cut bits, no bubbles and no hassle. If you’re wanting someone to do it and it’s a bit more involved just get Andrew, worth the travel to get it done right.

davyk31

RMS Regular
OP
D
If it’s only a small bit have a go, I did the door shuts on the M4 yesterday with pre cut bits, no bubbles and no hassle. If you’re wanting someone to do it and it’s a bit more involved just get Andrew, worth the travel to get it done right.

How did you fit it Mark? Do you need to use some water or maybe soapy water, seem to remember Andrew having a bottle of fairy liquid with him.

MarkM

RMS Regular
How did you fit it Mark? Do you need to use some water or maybe soapy water, seem to remember Andrew having a bottle of fairy liquid with him.

I used some clay bar lube on the ‘sticky’ side, put it in place, got the worst of the bubbles out by hand then finished with a soft cloth