PPF

ShaunB

RMS Regular
Guys

Do you know of anyone around Bangor/Ards that does PPF?
Its a very small job.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I understand there a very few places here that can do this properly, @Nigelo had his M4 done recently, frankly this is the sort of job I would only have done by someone who has been recommended to me.

ShaunB

RMS Regular
OP
ShaunB
I don't want the whole car done though, just behind the two front wheel arches

hippyross

RMS Regular
Zeus Detailing does it he's in Lisburn but sometimes works from his friends place in Bangor.
Worth asking you'll find him on Facebook.

Martyn

RMS Regular
I’ve had the entire front end, side skirts and lower rear bumper of the GT4 done at Complete Car Care in Lisburn.

The use Xpel film and it is a fantastic job.

Highly recommend. They always have plenty of high end cars in being done.

ShaunB

RMS Regular
OP
ShaunB
@ShaunB any decisions made yet? Thinking of getting the JCW done.
Not yet, but will likely use complete car care.
My requirement is tiny in my opinion, but will take complete car cares advice whenever I organise to go see them

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
@ShaunB

Did you ever get this done? I contacted Darren at complete car and even went up a couple of Saturdays ago, initially he was great but since he hasn't returned any of my calls or emails.

@MarkM @Nigelo

Anyone else you guys would recommend?

ShaunB

RMS Regular
OP
ShaunB
@ShaunB

Did you ever get this done? I contacted Darren at complete car and even went up a couple of Saturdays ago, initially he was great but since he hasn't returned any of my calls or emails.
Afraid not, haven't even made contact with them yet.

MarkM

RMS Regular
@ShaunB

@MarkM @Nigelo

Darren doesn’t do the PPF, he’s the detailed, Smart skin NI share the building and a guy called Andrew McCullough runs that, I’ll send you his number

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Darren doesn’t do the PPF, he’s the detailed, Smart skin NI share the building and a guy called Andrew McCullough runs that, I’ll send you his number

Ah cheers, it was definitely I guy called Darren that I spoke to when I went down to the place in Lisburn.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
@ShaunB

@MarkM @Nigelo

I believe they posted on Instagram a few weeks ago that they would be closed until the 16th due to an additional family member joining them, I imagine Darrens partner had a child? Maybe why there's no contact.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
Reworx vinyl in Bangor, also called Andrew. Can PM you his number, just did some nice work on a GT4

Sure, fire it on. Cheers
I believe they posted on Instagram a few weeks ago that they would be closed until the 16th due to an additional family member joining them, I imagine Darrens partner had a child? Maybe why there's no contact.

That may explain it as he seemed a really genuine bloke when I spoke to him, so I was surprised when he wasn’t getting back to me.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
What did you get done in the end?

I just had the side skirts and rear quarters done, its going for a Kamikaze coating next weekend.

I had to draw a line somewhere, having the whole front end done and the coating would have been over £2k.

MarkM

RMS Regular
I just had the side skirts and rear quarters done, its going for a Kamikaze coating next weekend.

I had to draw a line somewhere, having the whole front end done and the coating would have been over £2k.

I’m surprised! Frontal ppf is much more important than a coating imo, stop it getting chipped to ****! Never had a coating, really doubt I ever will tbh

Last edited:

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
I’m surprised! Frontal ppf is much more important than a coating imo, stop it getting chipped to ****! Never had a coating, really doubt I ever will tbh

You are probably right, but at £1500 for the front and side skirts I feel its just a bit too expensive.

The side skirts and rear quarters on the Porsche definitely required the PPF, but you just don't get a lot of stone chips on the frontend unless you are constantly driving up someones arse.

My car lives outside, and a ceramic coating (if applied correctly) will absolutely protect it from the elements. I also can't PPF the soft top, and it definitely requires the equivalent of ceramic protection applied.

If a couple of months down the line I feel it is just getting too many stone chips, I suppose I will have to bite the bullet and get the frontend PPF'd. I've never PPF'd any previous cars, and even after 3 years and 40k on some of them I've never thought "my god that frontend is really bad with stone chips".