Private number plate help please

Bigadamski

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
I have just sold a plate, its on retention at the minute. Do i just give the buyer the retention certificate or is there something I have to fill in? Thanks

PAULW

RMS Regular
I have just sold a plate, its on retention at the minute. Do i just give the buyer the retention certificate or is there something I have to fill in? Thanks

They can assign it now online, so all they need is the certificate. (Previously you had to send it away and add their name as the nominee and wait for a new cert to be returned, online assignment has made it a lot easier)

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
I actually tried to assign one on a retention certificate and i was unable to do it, it was a dateless plate too!!

nobody there to take a call either

Bigadamski

RMS Regular
OP
Bigadamski
Drives
Insignia
I have cancelled the sale. Got advice from Ace Registrations and the buyer was saying that was wrong and to just send him the form. Something didn't feel right so I cancel the sale and issued a refund. Feck it, i'll just keep it lol

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I bought one of @Modmedia on here several weeks back now, he just sent me the cert after I paid (was done via eBay). Its been on my car about 3 weeks now. Transfered it ontoy car online in about 2 mins.

Were Ace Registrations involved in the sale in the first place? Why involve them? As stated once you have the money you wanted for it how could it go wrong?

Modmedia

RMS Regular
Drives
Tesla M3P
Yeah, if you had the money the easiest way is to just send the buyer the form there is no risk to you. What did Ace Registrations say?

So simple, can be done online in minutes as Paddy says!

Bigadamski

RMS Regular
OP
Bigadamski
Drives
Insignia
As I said, i've never sold a plate before and was getting told one thing and another. Ace was brilliant with his advice and I am very grateful, anyway I am keeping the plate for now. Thank you for your help/input.
Adam.