Project Binky (4x4 turbo Mini)

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
This project started over 4 years ago...……………………

Some of us may not live long enough to see it finished:joy:

bigsigh

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M2
i read somewhere (maybe in here) that they are on it regularly (if not full time) now , due to people contributing , so should progress faster

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
This project started over 4 years ago...……………………

Some of us may not live long enough to see it finished:joy:
There'll be no such thing as petrol by the time they get it done ffs. I love how everything looks sooo easy and you start to thing to yourself, "I could make up something like that" and grab the grinder and welder.

Turns out it's a lot harder than it looks

richie_mck

RMS Regular
Great project but every time i see those arches

giphy.gif

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Just watched it earlier, getting dangerously close to painting it!

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
I still love it. A lot of it is "here's us drawing on sheet metal, cutting on the bandsaw, drilling holes with the step drill bit, bending, welding and it's a bracket..."

But I still love the format of it all and the OCD attention to detail (unimportant stuff being level and plumb) and how everything they're doing isn't just the easiest way to get moving on.

After all Top Gear ran with the same format for 14 years or so and was the biggest show the BBC had

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
Oh there's been some gurning over that shell on the owners groups and how it was acquired. Let's just say they are REALLY gonna struggle getting parts for it. Shot themselves in foot massively.

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
The noise on idle of those MG's is class. I got a drive in one back in 2004/5 it must have been. It was a production model and the build quality was *****, window rubbers etc didn't fit correctly.

You could tell they had literally thrown parts at it from every parts bin they could find regardless of manufacturer.

Bryan

RMS Regular
Always had a soft spot for those cars. There used to be one belonging to the owners of lisnasure interiors in donaghcloney. I don’t know what ever happened to it - only saw it a handful of times.

I don’t think they will have too much trouble finding parts with their worldwide following and I can’t wait to see that evolve.