Project Caddy

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Looks awesome @Big Pimp

How is the rear lowered given its leaf springs?
It's an axle flip kit mate. Picture attached for reference
IMG_1197.PNG

Helios look so good!!
Brilliant band Ross, I'm sure with the Anachem stickers it'll look whopper!

Yes mate, think Helios are spot on for it. I think the yellow Anachem stickers will definitely set it off, although I nearly don't want to sticker it up now!

c_rad

RMS Regular
Some difference from when I last seen it sitting in the yard! Wouldn't even think it was the same van. Excellent work!

gav525

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Love Caddys for some reason, and that is spot on (y)

Keep trying to justify buying one for myself, but have not come up with a suitable excuse yet :worried:

mcma1

RMS Regular
Drives
A Bull
Where are you in ballymartin? Been rumbling through the past few weeks in the defender and must call in! Caddy looks great. Have a DSG one myself for longer runs as I am a getting old.

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Looks great Ross - What can you do with the interior?

Our new work van is a caddy and I like driving it to be honest! Would be great driving a modded one I think.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Looks great Ross, what shade of black is it?
Seeing @Deezer-D's R convinced me that VW Deep Black Pearl was the way to go.

Where are you in ballymartin? Been rumbling through the past few weeks in the defender and must call in! Caddy looks great. Have a DSG one myself for longer runs as I am a getting old.
School Road on the right hand side as you're going through. About a mile up that road and we are up there. You shouldn't miss the yard now and the lorry is normally sitting pretty prominently!

Looks great Ross - What can you do with the interior?

Our new work van is a caddy and I like driving it to be honest! Would be great driving a modded one I think.
Not much more really with the interior mate. Already has a nice set of bolstered seats, although if I see a set of the tartan GTI/GTD seats at sensible money I'd maybe grab them. Scirocco R seats are another popular swap.

There was very nearly a set of E46 M3 seats going to go into it!

I love driving the van. It's so handy to have everything available in the back so I will always have car cleaning supplies in it too!

jimc

RMS Regular
Drives
caddy
Van looks perfect, love those rims, makes me want to paint my own but then I think nah, I'm also running a dsg and love it.

jimc

RMS Regular
Drives
caddy
Did you do the bulkhead cover panels on it ? it makes some difference

FN2DAVE

RMS Regular
Drives
Seat Leon
Super looking van ! Have a thought for a caddy or similar if the women ever gets her car test done I'll give here the car and a van will do me for work and dog duties.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Done my first common interior VW thing today (in between 1/2 valet on the interior) and fitted armster armrest.

Actually a great job
View attachment 136035

Jesus you'll have made @Boydie 's day with a mod like that ... just finish him off now with a US hazard switch lol

Some change from when you first got it Ross ... well thought out it seems. Will it be used for deliveries/work horse etc?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Jesus you'll have made @Boydie 's day with a mod like that ... just finish him off now with a US hazard switch lol

Some change from when you first got it Ross ... well thought out it seems. Will it be used for deliveries/work horse etc?

Thank you mate. Well, I did have an idea in my head of how I would like it to look and it's pretty much turned out how I wanted it to.

And yes, the intention is that i'll use it for exactly that kind of thing. Vans are handy for work and when I'm going to customers to do fit outs of dispensers and equipment it's just so much handier.

ChrisL

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Thank you mate. Well, I did have an idea in my head of how I would like it to look and it's pretty much turned out how I wanted it to.

And yes, the intention is that i'll use it for exactly that kind of thing. Vans are handy for work and when I'm going to customers to do fit outs of dispensers and equipment it's just so much handier.

Yes it'll be bang on for that and offer a bit of free mobile advertising also.

How's the Jag treating you? Still love it.

mc mullan

RMS Regular
Great looking caddy! Sitting perfect, they are a brilliant van. where about did you order the arm rest? I do serious miles in mine would be handy.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Yes it'll be bang on for that and offer a bit of free mobile advertising also.

How's the Jag treating you? Still love it.

Exactly mate. Plus I can always hold a bit of stock in it too!

Loving the Jag dude. It really is so comfortable and effortless driving. Gets plenty of positive reactions wherever I go in it as there are still so few of them on the road!

Great looking caddy! Sitting perfect, they are a brilliant van. where about did you order the arm rest? I do serious miles in mine would be handy.
Thank you mate

I got the armrest from here:
VW Volkswagen Armster Armrests - Car Armrest Fitting Instructions

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.