Project Caddy

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

k20_chunky

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything Boring
Looking great now with the exhausts, the 75bhp can take mapping very well. My own 102bhp lacks in power too so I'd hate driving a 75bhp lol

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
I work at Wilson's, So remember it well, was talking to Darren about it on Friday about how you would not even know it was the same van now!
You should show him a picture, but I'm sure to be passing there soon enough!

I'll get a remap and that's me pretty much finished with it.

It's amazing how just servicing it and changing all the filters has made a big difference to it also though

c_rad

RMS Regular
You should show him a picture, but I'm sure to be passing there soon enough!

I'll get a remap and that's me pretty much finished with it.

It's amazing how just servicing it and changing all the filters has made a big difference to it also though

I think he has seen pics of it, he brought it up when I seen him on Friday in the tea room lol.
Looks great! I look forward to hopefully seeing it in the yard!

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Couple of small updates. Replaced the lowering springs with coilovers and love how it sits.

Front bumper is just back from being repainted as it was stone chipping like crazy and I also fitted a lightbar like @roverspeed recommended

Needs a good buffing, sing-writing needs done and I’ll maybe wait until the new year for a hybrid. Maybe

12586E22-BC6F-43FF-BC33-575AAF848FF1.jpeg
FBC1CB81-232C-481E-AE43-F2BECF449B2C.jpeg

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Sweet! Looks very tidy.

How'd you find the light output?

What bulbs do you have in the headlights? They look a good colour temperature match for the light bar.

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
LED headlights mate
Ah ha, mine are also LED but they aren't great. And the colour temp is much cooler than the light bar and my mains.

I can't get a decent enough beam pattern out of my dips.

What brand are the led bulbs? I'm guessing those are h7s?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Ah ha, mine are also LED but they aren't great. And the colour temp is much cooler than the light bar and my mains.

I can't get a decent enough beam pattern out of my dips.

What brand are the led bulbs? I'm guessing those are h7s?
I bought them from Amazon mate - just standard H4 caddy bulbs mate.

TECHMAX H4 (9003 Hi/Low) LED Headlight Bulbs, All-in-One Conversion Kit 80W 7,200Lm (6000K Cool White) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LER2PZ0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_.454zbTHZFVZ5

I’m very impressed with them.

The lightbar is really crisp and bright. I do have a hotspot from them due to the caddy being so low but it really is a great light.
Not sure whether this bar is brighter than the one on the caddy - I think it might be but I must try a side by side comparison some night. Love that this is more subtle if you could describe it as that!

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
OP
Big Pimp
Drives
like im late
Slight update for winter.

Took the 19” helios rims off it as they were utterly dire in the snow. Even if this is all there snow we get I’m not bothered as they are proper winter wheels for colder temperatures, and the 19s need refurbed.

I bought the 18” fat 5s from @Lyons a while back and he already had Michelin Pilot Alpin tyres on it which have been great so far.

I’m not normally a fan of dark wheels, but I do like the custom gunmetal colour he had them painted, so they’ll be staying how they are!

Gave it a good wash today too. Something so very rewarding when everything else is stinking and this nice and clean

6EFF7D1B-C8EB-459A-BC25-9E40BA8AD25B.jpeg

pobmk4

RMS Regular
Drives
Caddy 2K
Fat fives on a caddy are hard to beat (although I might be a bit biased :monkey:), wouldn't normally be a fan of dark wheels but they look really well.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.