Project Car YouTube Videos?

JH86

RMS Regular
Anyone watch ammo NYC?

Came across it last week I've no interest in car cleaning but his passion etc makes it interesting

Very similar to that time @j44nty went in a 3 day rant about grass, no interest but his passion knowledge lead it to be verrry cool/interesting

pablo

RMS Moderator
Watched a few vids from Driftworks on his LP640. Doing a manual conversion and also fitting 12 ITBs from an e46 M3. Well worth a watch

JH86

RMS Regular
Watched a few vids from Driftworks on his LP640. Doing a manual conversion and also fitting 12 ITBs from an e46 M3. Well worth a watch

Big fan of the dw channel altho your fella Starkey is a bit dull at times

Phill seams to have deep pockets how much of dw does he own?

Con

RMS Regular
Drives
JDM Honda Del So
So aye I spotted Simon mentioned it there above I'm only seeing this now, about B IS FOR BUILD FairladyM Build

I will fire a handful of pics on how it was done if anyone is interested

Chris sent me the blown Airbag module
Which came like this

20180928_180348.jpg

Badge removed & Epoxy back to shape and smoothed

Black Epoxy basecoat

20180929_151124.jpg

He wanted the normal 2x2 twill fabric then into vac bag

20180929_174813.jpg

20180930_003437.jpg

Many hours of layering more clear Epoxy and sanding

20181002_033217.jpg

I gave it a final sand down and then he done the clear coat as he was in a rush for time...it literally got put on the 11th hour
b.jpg

Attachments

• 20180930_153356.jpg
    20180930_153356.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 33

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Anyone watch ammo NYC?

Came across it last week I've no interest in car cleaning but his passion etc makes it interesting

Very similar to that time @j44nty went in a 3 day rant about grass, no interest but his passion knowledge lead it to be verrry cool/interesting

I've done some work with him on product development. He is such a nice guy and a wealth of knowledge.

pablo

RMS Moderator
So aye I spotted Simon mentioned it there above I'm only seeing this now, about B IS FOR BUILD FairladyM Build

I will fire a handful of pics on how it was done if anyone is interested

Chris sent me the blown Airbag module
Which came like this

View attachment 238112
View attachment 238119

Badge removed & Epoxy back to shape and smoothed

Black Epoxy basecoat

View attachment 238120

He wanted the normal 2x2 twill fabric then into vac bag

View attachment 238121

View attachment 238122

Many hours of layering more clear Epoxy and sanding

View attachment 238124

I gave it a final sand down and then he done the clear coat as he was in a rush for time...it literally got put on the 11th hourView attachment 238125

I wonder why he didn’t just buy another airbag.

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
Not knocking the craftsmanship but that carbon cover looks crap on that standard wheel.

Maybe if the trim was done the same, but just looks like an afterthought.

pablo

RMS Moderator
It’s a case of B is for Bodge at times. Looking forward to his new SEMA build though being announced tomorrow.

The lambo build he done there was crap compared to the Goonzsquad build

Andy55

RMS Regular
Loving the content from Driftworks recently. Some great builds and they don't drag out the content for the sake of making videos.

Their Murcielago LP640 is all kinds of epic!

K'dg

RMS Regular
Been watching a channel the last few weeks called Officially Gased which I've found really entertaining. Based in the UK, fella Jamie has guys bring project cars on, they have an interview around the vehicle on all the mods, tuning, styling etc. and then go out for a run in the car. Usually do a 0-60 blast etc.
Good production and a real wide range of projects spanning a variety of styles and genres from budget garage projects, massive projects and super car stuff. Well worth a look!!!

mark19

RMS Regular
Drives
golf
Anyone watch vtuned or goonzquad?

Some of the stuff they do and seem to be okay with. Its mind blowing

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
Currently watching DT-TV a guy from Detailing World is stripping and rebuilding a Ford Racing Puma rally car to full spec, some attention to detail and real world problems along the way...around 20 x 10 minute episodes in at present........and he is also redoing his garage at the same time....most of it filmed in time lapse on his driveway

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
Cayman S
Been watching a channel the last few weeks called Officially Gased which I've found really entertaining. Based in the UK, fella Jamie has guys bring project cars on, they have an interview around the vehicle on all the mods, tuning, styling etc. and then go out for a run in the car. Usually do a 0-60 blast etc.
Good production and a real wide range of projects spanning a variety of styles and genres from budget garage projects, massive projects and super car stuff. Well worth a look!!!

It's a real shame the fella is so hard to listen to. According to a few people on Cliosport.net (he tested a couple of their cars, 400+ bhp megane etc) and they said he was a ballbeg in real life also lol

JH86

RMS Regular
Maybe not car project but does any one watch the absolute scrap stav tech and drift crash try and churn out? **** it's so hard to watch I can't stop watching 😂

brocks

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW X6 M50d
Thanks for those who mentioned Goonzquad! That’s me now up to date after watching every episode they have posted! Great way to fill in lockdown days off! Even have my daughter watching which is great..... amazing how interested you can get in cars you know nothing about and will never see, let alone drive or own!

K'dg

RMS Regular
Another channel I've been watching for a couple of months now and worth a view for interesting projects, guy called Mat Armstrong.
Tackles some ambitious builds on his driveway and is pretty entertaining with his production while still giving good honest detail on the work put into the cars.
His channel seems to have picked up some traction so he's started being a bit more adventurous with the cars.....when I started viewing he was on an S5 project but from there he's done a Bentley Continental and now onto a maseratti and an r8 so a bit different from some of the common project vids.