Project #Wilma Mk6 GTI

AlpineJetta

RMS Regular
Drives
Old VWs
Yes, I do call my car Wilma... now, about her

2010 Mk6 GTI with DSG. Also got ACC or whatever its called... to me and you, the wee button that changes the ride from sport to comfort, and it actually does make quite the difference!

GTI plaid seats are great, buuuut ive kids so I got myself one with leather.. let's see.how that works out :/

Damn thing has a sunroof too, nice little extra if I'm honest.

Oh and its a 3 door because, well, look at them! Kids can struggle in and out fine, they're wee and agile so won't mind.

And as of now she got 95k on the clock and running fine (tensioner got checked, its sweet!)

So, my plans for Wilma are

Few wee cosmetic touches, nothing wild

Ditch the PCV system thats always failing, get a catch can set up.

Popped a GFB DV+ onto it last week.

Got a CTS Turbo intake, R8 coils and NGK plugs on their way.

Coils and plug can be fitted asap, intake can wait.

Next up (when funds are reached) forge twintercooler and a set of brake pads (EBC or Tarox, jury's out). Once I've all of them, off to Torquetronix I go.

Then....goodness knows...

2009_volkswagen_golf-pic-4662453426706035625-1024x768.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

AlpineJetta

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineJetta
Drives
Old VWs
Nice few maxton touches would set her off

Thinking the same. Was looking at the spoiler extension and rear diffuser they do, gloss black would be the choice for them.

Would get a splitter too but need a bit of a drop first to make it look decent. With DCC id only be able to drop it 20mm on springs plus where I live has mountainous speed bumps.

AlpineJetta

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineJetta
Drives
Old VWs
I revo'd mine to about 275hp at stage 1. Yours should see a little more with the mods

Is that a revo box or did you go revo and get it done in house?

Torquetronix has a good set up with rolling road n all. His maps are pretty much tailored to suit the set up you've got whereas some tuning boxes are a bit sketchy, or so ive read

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE

Torquetronix has a good set up with rolling road n all. His maps are pretty much tailored to suit the set up you've got whereas some tuning boxes are a bit sketchy, or so ive read

I’ve a JB4 box to go on my S3 and I’d have it over a Torquetronix map

AlpineJetta

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineJetta
Drives
Old VWs
I’ve a JB4 box to go on my S3 and I’d have it over a Torquetronix map

Always good to hear alternative suggestions! Cheers buddy! Remap won't be happening just yet so between now and then, plenty of time for research and much appreciated feedback from others

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I also dont think you need new plugs, coils and FMIC for Stage 1 - FMIC would help keep things cool but wouldn't be a priority

Do the 8P S3 FMIC's fit these? Used to fit them to the Edition 30/Cupra's instead of their stock one which was smaller. I have my old S3 8V FMIC in the attic

therock

RMS Regular

It was in house I got it with @BBSBOY at the time

JB4s seem to get a bit of a love in on the golf owner groups, but I can't be arsed with fixing a bypass box and wiring it up correctly, etc.

Unicorn do a self tune kit now for £500 for the 7R, i'd imagine that covers the S3 too. I'd probably prefer that tbh as you can take the map off, valet mode, anti theft etc

AlpineJetta

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineJetta
Drives
Old VWs
yeah talk of bypass boxes just puts me off.. either plug and play, or in house map. Either way, ill worry more about it when the time comes

JB4s seem to get a bit of a love in on the golf owner groups, but I can't be arsed with fixing a bypass box and wiring it up correctly, etc.

Unicorn do a self tune kit now for £500 for the 7R, i'd imagine that covers the S3 too. I'd probably prefer that tbh as you can take the map off, valet mode, anti theft etc

yeah talk of bypass boxes just puts me off.. either plug and play, or in house map. Either way, ill worry more about it when the time comes

Ian A

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Had the ebay special rear LEDs in my MK6 GTI, they were 100%. Not worth the hassle of paying and wiring in genuine articles in my opinion.

Stage 1 absolutely transforms these. I went with revo and honestly, if you’d told me it added 150 horsepower, I’d of believed it. Really smooth power delivery that didn’t just spin the front wheels with a big spike of boost, but still that feeling of rapid rapid acceleration.

Wouldn’t be dying about the gold wheels, but otherwise a lovely car you have. Look forward to your progress(y)

AlpineJetta

RMS Regular
OP
AlpineJetta
Drives
Old VWs
Had the ebay special rear LEDs in my MK6 GTI, they were 100%. Not worth the hassle of paying and wiring in genuine articles in my opinion.

Stage 1 absolutely transforms these. I went with revo and honestly, if you’d told me it added 150 horsepower, I’d of believed it. Really smooth power delivery that didn’t just spin the front wheels with a big spike of boost, but still that feeling of rapid rapid acceleration.

Wouldn’t be dying about the gold wheels, but otherwise a lovely car you have. Look forward to your progress(y)
Thanks mate!

I the revo is having a real appeal to me if I'm honest but I've some saving to do before any decisions are made as to which direction to go

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
Drives
Mini SE

Didn't know there was an option like this from Unicorn. I might look into this instead of the JB4

Jamie-g

RMS Regular
Do love a mk6 GTI and a Rare sight on the roads. Mate has a set of spacers for sale if any good to you?

mike150

RMS Regular
Drives
Around
I jumped in here as the thread is of interest to me as I'm thinking Black line performance, Torque Tronix or a DTUK box for my Mk7 GTI. I just want Stage 1. What's thoughts?

I've had couple of cars Revo'd and they are brilliant but just too expensive.

VR23

RMS Regular
I jumped in here as the thread is of interest to me as I'm thinking Black line performance, Torque Tronix or a DTUK box for my Mk7 GTI. I just want Stage 1. What's thoughts?

I've had couple of cars Revo'd and they are brilliant but just too expensive.

I'd personally still go Revo. I was in the same position recently (albeit with a diesel engined car) and decided to go with a cheaper option. Regretted the decision tbh. The map is just 'okay' but not great. I think I'll be going back again soon to get the stock file uploaded. I suppose I can't expect miracles for a couple of hundred quid and you live and learn with these things.

I've never used a tuning box but did do a fair bit of research into them a while back and it seems to be the case that a lot of the claimed power figures are over inflated to say the least. Darkside Developments in England did an interesting video recently testing 3 of the big name boxes with before and after dyno runs and produced some very poor results. Certainly seemed to ruffle a few feathers lol Again though, that was on a diesel.

I had Revo software on my previous 1.8 TSI and it made a noticeable difference and improvement in performance with zero hassle or problems. A friend also had his 2.0 TFSI VRS done around the same time and again it was like night and day over stock. I know it's not ideal having to wait but there's normally at least 1 Revo sale per year which helps soften the blow a bit pricewise. I wish I had of!