Prop shaft repair and balancing

Bryan

RMS Regular
I have a very long 3 piece prop shaft from an Iveco and I think the centre section might be slightly bent. Who's best to fix this and balance it?

southsky sunrise

RMS Regular
Drives
Old skool
I used hoy for my sprinter one, changed the splicer but better balance in a child learning to walk… ment to be someone in newry but never got a number as yet. Il try and get one for you mate.

• Wow
Reactions: PDK

Bryan

RMS Regular
OP
Bryan
I’ve been to exact engineering in Newry before and got totally ripped off. Won’t be back. Also used Hoy before as well and he was less than half the price and did a good job but it’s away up the county from me.

Boksic

RMS Regular
I’ve been to exact engineering in Newry before and got totally ripped off. Won’t be back. Also used Hoy before as well and he was less than half the price and did a good job but it’s away up the county from me.

If it's of any help I'm in Armagh regularly (company I work for are Armagh) and live on the coast on past Ballymena so if you needed it transported I can sort that for you.

Taking no responsibility for quality of work or bartering on price right enough!

Mark_C

RMS Regular
The only place anyone should really go to for any vehicle machine / engineering work is comiskeys in Portadown.

StephenDc2

RMS Regular
The only place anyone should really go to for any vehicle machine / engineering work is comiskeys in Portadown.

I’ve also used Comiskey after Hoy stopped machining engine blocks

The hone finish was definitely better from Comiskey but they are extremely busy and you will pay for the work, worth paying to have it right for an engine though

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

I don't think they do prop blancing.

Off the top of my head the only ones I know are Hoys, Exact, I think Smiths in Ballymena do, and possibly Powermax in Cookstown

As with a lot of this sort of work here....it's usually a long shot.